What does it feel like when your water breaks?

iVillage Member
What does it feel like when your water breaks?
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 12:24pm

Baby-carrying

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 12:36pm
I had my water broken at the hospital both times. The first time it was a huge rush of fluid--an absolute gushing--followed by horribly severe contractions immediately. The second time it was a trickle every time I moved over the next hour or so and it did not increase the intensity of contractions. Who knows how it will be this time.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 12:45pm
With DS, I had my bag broken. It was a rush of fluid that lasted for about a minute, then they had me get up and move around. It kind of trickled at that point, but contractions started getting much faster and more painful. Every time I contracted, I would lose some of the fluid under me. All over the skid-proof socks they had. I was very glad that I didn't have to wear my own socks, the smell was awful.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 2:28pm

When my water broke with DD I felt a pop then a warm gush of fluid. It wasn't a huge gush but still a gush of fluid.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 3:02pm
I had my water broken artificially 3 times at the pushing stage.

With my 4th my water broke naturally as I was pushing.

My 3rd is the only one where my water broke before labour started. I woke up and felt a weird watery feeling between my legs so I bounced out of bed and it was the huge gush you see on TV. I ran to the bathroom with a blanket between my legs and had to sit on the toilet for 20 minutes as it just kept gushing and gushing.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 1:26am

My first I didn't even notice was broken because it was such a small trickle and the rest was broken during labor, my 2nd it never broke on its own and my 3rd was like in the movies, it literally exploded all over my living room floor but I never felt anything "pop" or anything like that.