What food/smell are making you want to hurl...

iVillage Member
What food/smell are making you want to hurl...
Wed, 09-14-2011 - 3:12pm

With each of my

pregnancy due date

Pages

iVillage Member
I haven't cooked anything or been around anything that makes me want to throw up, except when I am walking to work from transit or back, the smokers come out of the woodwork and somehow keep my pace, which really bothers me. With my son, it was ground beef. The thought of hot dogs turns my stomach, though. I can cook them fine, but the thought of actually eating one is awful.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Broccoli....

Jennifer

Siggy 05-24-10

Thank you Tan
iVillage Member

tomato sauce isnt sitting well with me.

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
With my last pregnancy, I couldn't handle red sauce in any form - especially spaghetti and sloppy joe's. It was horrible. My poor family who loves spaghetti really suffered all last winter! I'm hoping that's not the same this time around.
sig2-sm

iVillage Member

My husband's deodorant! I'm usually fine with the smell, but, right now, it's too much. His whole manly aura is hard to stomach when I'm not feeling well. Poor guy!

Shelly with DH, DD, and expecting #2 pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member

I used to be a coffee fiend to the point that I got caffeine headaches. I used to be able to tolerate my brother's cologne but now I get really sick to my stomach any time I smell him with that one on.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
One of the restrooms at work has an air freshener that smells like an orange creamsicle. Every time I walk in, I start gagging, so I can't use that bathroom anymore.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Any strong smell is hard for me right now ... which is particularly painful given I work at a restaurant full of all sorts of sights and smells!

Steaming sauteed seafood sends me over the edge though - hurl city!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I'm with you. Broccoli has me too :( I couldn't get the smell out of my kitchen after I made beef and broccoli the other night and spent days feeling like I would gag every time I was in there.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member

Most everything makes me want to hurl. The worst are chicken and just about anything containing tomatoes (which I hate but everyone else in my family loves). My husband cooked fried chicken the other night and I had to run from the kitchen to keep from yaking.

Karen

Pages