Who is dealing with contractions/bh?

iVillage Member
Who is dealing with contractions/bh?
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 6:24pm

I know a few ladies have mentioned the contractions already. I think for me they're starting up now occassionaly. I honestly can't tell if it is bh, constipation pain, ligament pain, or baby causing all of my discomfort these last few days. You'd think with baby #3 I would know the feelings by now. I do have some bh going on for sure, which sort of stinks because it makes me nervous this early. I know bh themselves are fine, but to be honest bh and real contractions feel the same to me. The inability to feel the difference is what is making me nervous. All I know is that suddenly I am very uncomfortable and feel like my body is telling me to slow down.

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 6:47pm
I'm having off and on BH, usually when I go walking. I try to keep up a little bit of exercise while I'm feeling quite huge, but it's hard to do when my tummy tightens. Ligament pain for me has been low and over my hip bones mostly, but the BH I feel on the sides and top of my uterus.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 6:50pm
That's why I think I'm having them too, because I have that low sharper ligament pain and the general discomfort all over/tops/sides too. I need to exercise too but it makes me nervous. This just started about 2 days ago for me.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 7:15pm
I can usually identify if mine is a contraction by looking at or touching my belly. If it is just some digestive issue then my belly is soft and normal looking - if it is a contraction then it is tight and more cone shaped.

I had a lot during the move but they have slowed down thankfully.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 8:53pm

I am. If your body is telling you to slow down... DO IT!! I have contractions constantly. The majority of them I chalk up to BH. But with the pre term scare. When they start to feel more intense and start coming regular I slow WAY DOWN!

Just remember rule of thumb. If you are feeling contractions that seem to be getting on a pattern. Drink water LOTS and lay down. If they slow down with hydration or change of position they are BH. REAL contractions will not stop or slow down with simple rest and hydration.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 10:29pm
I have since 20 weeks, they are awful!!