Green team check-in

iVillage Member
Green team check-in
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 3:50pm

How are my fellow green teamers doing?

Now that we are getting ready for our 20 week u/s is anyone feeling tempted to find out the gender?

What are your reasons for being green team?

Do you feel intuition that you are having a certain gender?

How do your friends and family feel about you being green team?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 4:08pm
Yay green team!!

I must admit, its definetly tempting to find out! But I'm trying to stick to my guns here!

I'm team green... just because! I think theres no more surprises in life, and this is our last baby ( according to DH at least) so its something I wanted to try.

I really feel like I'm having a girl, just because i feel exactly like I felt with my DD. I did a couple of the gender tests and this is what I got :
chinese gender chart - girl
heart rate- girl
ring test- boy
baking soda test- boy

So I guess we'll see!

My friends want to rip my head off. lol. They are reallly upset about this and really pushing me to find out, giving me every excuse possible! My family doesnt seem to think we are serious about it lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 5:40pm
There is definitely something amazing and pressuring to know that if I wanted to I could know *right now* what gender this baby is. April seems so far away! I am sure during the flurry of "It's a...." announcements I will question our decision but in our town we can't find out at our 20 week ultrasound so I guess that helps take away the temptation. Having done this before I know once you get past the 20 week u/s hump it is smooth sailing and by the end of pregnancy I am sooo glad we don't know.

I have done the gender reveal at the birth twice and it was really really cool! This time I feel like it is right for us because we have a mix of both genders so we will truly be happy and excited no matter which gender we have.

My intuition is always off. I am actually feeling like it is a girl so I think that means I am definitely having a boy LOL.

My friends kinda want to know so they know whether to hold on to some of their baby stuff to give me or not. For the most part they are pretty supportive though.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-01-2011 - 7:08pm
I like reading what you guys are saying about this. My intuition is also usually off, so I'm right there with you on that one. My sis in law wanted to stay green team when she was pregnant with their first, but we all ganged up on her and badgered her to find out what she was having. Most of us sew and wanted to make things for the baby and felt like it would be awful to not have the time to make the stuff. By the time it comes around to later children I think it's easier not to know (specifically if you already have both genders) because usually there is less that the family/friends need to provide. I feel bad that we hassled her so much, but I never would have had time to make all of my precious nieces things for her if they'd waited to find out. I'm awful! :)

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-02-2011 - 2:50pm

How are my fellow green teamers doing? Very good now that my nausea and fatigue have gone away :)

Now that we are getting ready for our 20 week u/s is anyone feeling tempted to find out the gender? Somedays I think about finding out but then I think about not having that extra surprise when the baby's born and it changes my mind. Also DH will not find out so there's no way I could ever keep it a secret from him for that long!

What are your reasons for being green team? DH and I just think that it's one of the only real surprises in life and we don't want to ruin it by finding out. It's also just so amazing when the baby is born to have that extra excitement :)

Do you feel intuition that you are having a certain gender? We both think we're having a boy this time. When I pregnant with DD we were both certain we were having a girl so perhaps we'll be right again!! But if we have another girl we'd be just as happy.

How do your friends and family feel about you being green team? Most of our family and friends think it's awesome. DH's parents didn't find out with either DH or his brother and my dad & stepmom never find out with either of my brothers so they think it's great. The only people who seem to give us a hard time about it are a couple of DH's cousins and

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 2:02pm
How are my fellow green teamers doing? Much better these days - my all-day sickness was terrible until 16 weeks!

Now that we are getting ready for our 20 week u/s is anyone feeling tempted to find out the gender? Just had my big u/s yesterday and when she told us to look away, a small part of me wanted to peek! But I didn't ...

What are your reasons for being green team? We found out with our 2 DD's and this is our last so we thought we'd do the surprise just for something different.

Do you feel intuition that you are having a certain gender? Part of me says boy since this pg is very different from my other 2 but then I know the odds of having the same gender of your previous 2 are higher so I'm torn ...

How do your friends and family feel about you being green team? Most are supportive except for my friend who really wanted me to find out. A lot can't believe we're doing the surprise because they think we'll be "unprepared" for a boy. I'm not too worried about it ... most of our gear is pretty gender neutral and I we'll just figure out the rest ...

Sarah

Lily Jane 4/6/05

Stella Mae 11/29/06

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 4:26pm
We are officially on the Green team!! I got DH to agree to let it be a surprise.

We still have 2 weeks until our U/S but now that my mind is made up, I don't think I'll be tempted...at least I hope not. I did not want to find out the gender since I found out I was pregnant, but considered it because DH felt so strongly about it.

This may or may not be my last pregnancy so it would be fun to wait until the birth. We found out with DD and I want to experience not knowing until the end.

At first I felt very strongly that I was having a boy, this pregnancy has been totally different from my last. Although now I'm confused, some signs point to boy but others point to girl.

Most don't know that we're not finding out yet. It will be interesting to see what their reaction will be.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:19pm

My big ultrasound is in less than 3 weeks. Sometimes I feel tempted , especially because my DH wants to find out, but I'm not gonna do it.

Reason for being team green is because it's my last pregnancy and I've done it both ways finding out and not finding out, and for me I love the surprise after I've pushed out baby.

I have no intuition on this one and I rarely do. I have one girl and 3 boys so it's been quite a while since I've produced a girl and I'm not sure if I can make anything but boys now...lol send some pink dust for me !

My friends all think we are nuts for not finding out , however my parents and siblings all want

siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 6:40am

Team green, because there is no other choice for me here.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-18-2011 - 9:17pm

How are my fellow green teamers doing?

Signature - Kim, mom to Oli and Keelan

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-25-2011 - 3:06pm
Who is still on the green team?

Did anyone end up finding out once they had their ultrasound?

We didn't find out at our initial ultrasound but now we are considering it. We will be having a level II ultrasound on Thursday. If the baby is healthy I would love to wait for a delivery surprise but if the baby has Trisomy 18 the only time we will probably have to bond will be while the baby is in utero so it would be nice to know the gender and find a special name for him/her. I'm on the fence about it.

Photobucket

Pages