new here, anybody else expecting a rainbow baby?

iVillage Member
new here, anybody else expecting a rainbow baby?
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 5:45pm

Honestly it's kind of hard for me to be here. I was a frequent lurker last year when I was expecting baby #4, but I haven't really been back because my son died the same day he was born.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-30-2012 - 8:16pm
Welcome! I'm sorry to hear that you had such a tragic experience during delivery of your fourth baby. We've had quite a few momma's on the board who have experienced loss. It is surprisingly common given medical advances of today. I hope you find companionship here.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 9:58am
Welcome and congrats. I had a stillbirth in May of 2011 and got pregnant with this one 4 weeks later, so I know how you're feeling.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 2:52pm

Julianne,

Thank you!

Yes Infant loss is suprisingly common, far too common if you ask me. (In a perfect world it shouldn't happen at all!) This may sound stupid, but I never thought it would be me. Even though you know it's possible when your pregnant, you don't really think about it. That's something that happens to somebody else

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 3:10pm

Thank you Caroline,

I am so sorry that you lost your little boy. This is something no parent should have to experience.

Wow 4 weeks later! I got pregnant 10 months later, and it was still hard. (although it doesn't really matter how much time passes, it's always hard!) Do you find yourself getting more nervous as your due date approaches? I definately do! But I'm not so much nervous about a bad outcome, (I'm suprisingly calm about that) I'm more nervous for the rollercoaster of emotions that I know is headed my way. I'm happy and excited, and I know I'll be overjoyed, but at the same time there's this piece of me thats sad. Nobody wants to be sad on the day thier baby is born, but I guess thats just the way it is. While it's nice to know that someone else knows how I feel, at the same time I'm sorry that it's you. (or anybody for that matter)

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 3:49pm
I was pretty nervous for a long time.it took me till at least 6 months to really have it sink in and start to be excited about this pregnancy. I figured if I didnt get attached, it wouldnt hurt at much if this one died again. I'm being followed very closely this pregnancy ( u/s every 2 weeks) which is really helping me get excited and less nervous about all this.

I know that the delivery will be hard, i've tried not to think about it too much. I will be at the same hospital, and this one will be born less than a year since the last one. I already feel like I'm just "replacing" the one that we lost, which really hurts, but I try and stay positive and think of how happy our DD will be to have a baby sister.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:58am
I am expecting my 3rd rainbow baby. I lost my first at 37 weeks reason unknown. I now have Noelle who is 3 and Marcel who is 20 months. I got pregnant with Noelle 3 months after I lost my angel. I have been a lurker to this time. I am going to try to stop lurking.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 2:20pm
My aunt's son died shortly after birth.. she had 3 kids already.. she flat refused to have anymore kids because of losing him.. that was 25 years ago and she still cries.. i would never want to even think about what u ladies have had to go through!
i have to say im glad about these boards so u ladies can help one another... So sorry for your losses and congrats on your rainbow april babies!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 4:14pm

Caroline,

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 4:25pm
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 7:25pm
no it doesn't get easier. I found that I have not got anything ready for the baby yet. my husband put up the crib so the baby has a place to sleep so if the baby came today he would have a place to sleep. i also bought one pack of diapers. So I guess we are not to bad off when he comes.