VBAC MOMS?

iVillage Member
VBAC MOMS?
Sun, 08-28-2011 - 5:00am
I'm hopeing for my 2nd Vba4c...had an amazing hospital Vaginal birth after four c-section this past Nov 2010... It was amazing! Had PPD after the birth of my other children but did with my last sweet heart! he was put straight on my chest...went home after only 5 hour of being in the hospital! totally awesome!! Called some hospital back in Cali and they told me it would be fine to try for a 2nd VBA4C as I have a"proven scar"...YAY ...Who else has either had a vbac or is hopeing for one?
pregnancy due date

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 9:44am

Hi Natacha,

iVillage has a great VBAC Support board and I wanted to share a link with you.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 5:01pm
I'm hoping for one. I'll discuss it with my doc at my first appt in a couple weeks. I hope she's positive about it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-29-2011 - 6:06pm

I know the med center I will be delivering at does encourage a VBAC, but it all depends on how large my child is. If this one is anything like my son was (11 lbs. 10.2 oz), I refuse to try to push that out.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 6:58am

That is awesome!

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 9:35am

How awesome Natacha!! My last DD was a successful VBAC and I'm planning another VBAC for this baby! I am a huge believer in VBAC and helping moms to find a way to VBAC in their areas. I'm also a member of ICAN, which has hooked me up with so many amazing mamas too :)

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 3:43pm
Do you know of any ob/gyns in south Jersey that are VBAC friendly? I've seen a list of midwives, but not docs.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 9:35pm

Have you checked out to see if there is an ICAN group in your area. If there is you will be able to meet moms who have worked with OB's and MWs all around your area and will be able to tell you what hospital and OB will be the most VBAC friendly. It's important to make sure you go with someone who does just "approve" or "allow" VBAC but *really* believes in VBAC and is super supportive and will give your body the time it needs to labor and birth on it's own. I have a great resource with a list of interview Q's to bring into an OBs/MW when looking to have a VBAC that I can share with you if you are interested. What area of south NJ are you in? You dont have to be too specific but just narrow it down somewhat for me. I'm in Ocean County, on the Jersey Shore. I have a friend in the Cherry Hill area who is PG and planning a VBAC right now too so I can also ask her, if you are anywhere near there

-Bess--- mom to Eve and Ariel
http://mommakesmilk.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 10:08am

Yeah! Totally call your locate ICAN!

pregnancy due date
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-31-2011 - 6:44pm
I am very close to Cherry Hill. I live in Magnolia, it's a tiny, tiny town in Camden County. It's close to Stratford, Runnemede, Cherry Hill, Voorhees. I delivered my son at Virtua Voorhees and would like to deliver there again. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am now going to hunt down if I have a local ICAN. Thanks ladies!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 11:13pm

I'm expecting my 2nd. EDD: April 23. We're hoping for a VBAC and our doctor is supportive, but he said that because the reason I had the C-section was that I didn't go into labor, even when induced, that might repeat itself. So I'm trying to be prepared for anything, but at least I can give it a shot.

Pregnancy Ticker

Pages