Wow! MARCH roll call ladies

iVillage Member
Wow! MARCH roll call ladies
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 7:56pm

It's March! Wow, where did time go? Some of our babies will be getting here this month--very exciting. Let's check in.

1. Name

2. EDD (& if applicable c-section/induction date):

3. How are you feeling physically?

4. Is everything ready to go?

5. Are you nervous/excited/anxious?

6. How is Dh/So (if N/A how's your family?)

7. Any birth plan?

Photobucket<

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 8:49pm

1. Name Heather

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 9:33pm
I absolutely agree about the birth plan. It's good to be informed about your options and know what things you can choose, but it's impossible to choose a plan. I am not sure how people manage to make the conscious decision to deliver away from the hospital just because of how quickly things can change. I'd never be able to commit myself to one method before hand. I guess I'm a wimp!

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 10:43pm

1. Name: Steph

2. EDD (& if applicable c-section/induction date): EDD April 22nd; c-section scheduled for April 20th

3. How are you feeling physically? Overall, I'm feeling okay. My BH contractions are getting intense and uncomfortable, but it's not happening all the time. Heartburn is hit and miss. And my hips and pelvis have been pretty sore, too, but I'm pretty sure that she hasn't dropped yet. I'm still carrying high.

4. Is everything ready to go? Nope, still need the car seat, but that's easily attainable if we need it.

5. Are you nervous/excited/anxious? Anxious because I don't feel like I'll every be ready to be gone for three months at work.

6. How is Dh/So? DH is excited about it. DS is hit and miss, but I think he's excited, too. I think he'll be in for a rude awakening when the baby comes out as a baby and not a toddler or kid ready to go ride bikes or play games with him, though.

7. Any birth plan? Not really anything out of the ordinary. I'll go in, have my surgery, and request that I be allowed to BF and bond as soon as I am able to. My hospital is very pro "skin to skin" immediately after birth.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:14pm
My hospital is also very pro skin to skin. It's nice to have it be supported. How soon after surgery can you usually do that?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-01-2012 - 11:29pm

1. Name: Jen

2. EDD (& if applicable c-section/induction date): April 27th

3. How are you feeling physically? Tired

4. Is everything ready to go? Yep, hand-me-downs from James are all ready to go :)

5. Are you nervous/excited/anxious? Anxious because I will have 2 in diapers and have never had to deal with that

6. How is Dh/So (if N/A how's your family?): Great I think...he did say last time that I am way grumpy when I'm preggo, so I think he is just keeping his head down till after delivery

7. Any birth plan? No meds unless needed, don't go in till it is TIME (I hate that they hooked me up to an IV last time). That's it, pretty simple.

JenAaron.jpg picture by jen2075

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 6:43am

1. Name Karen

2. EDD (& if applicable c-section/induction date): April 3rd

3. How are you feeling physically? Inner thigh/groin pain makes it uncomfortable to walk or sit. Occasional lower back pain that shoots down my legs. I feel like a sloth because I hardly leave the couch nowadays.

4. Is everything ready to go? Pretty much. SIL has a breast pump with all new tubing that she is going to find for me hopefully. I need to buy bottles and a bottle cleaner as well. Last time I exclusively fed from my breast and it is a lot of work. I'd like to have him switch from breast and bottled breast milk so that the girls and dh can help with the feedings which I think will help them bond with him.

6. How is Dh/So (if N/A how's your family?) He's busy as usual. He works full time, is in school full time, and is in the Army Natl Guard as a commander which makes it a little less than the usual part time. I am kind of bummed because he will have to be gone for four days/nights in early May and will have a Saturday class every weekend in May and then in June he will be gone for 10 days for the guard. It gives me a little dejavu from when he had to go for two weeks when our second was only three weeks old and colicky and our oldest was in the middle of her terrible threes. Even when he is home he is doing homework half of the time or he's just exhausted. However he is so excited to see our son, as he was with each of our dd's births. He has been as supportive and helpful as he can be with the time that he has at home. He's been doing so much housework and is pampering me. That is probably the only part of this pg that I am going to miss.

7. Any birth plan? It's all up in the air for now. If it's a c section then I just want to make it through and hope that I can have a smooth surgery. If he turns around then I will go with a vaginal which I am contemplating going without the epi this time as its my fourth and based on my last two should go fast.

Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 9:31am

I can't believe it's already time to start having babies!! I'm so excited for everyone!!!

1. Name - HEIDI

2. EDD (& if applicable c-section/induction date): - APRIL 15

3. How are you feeling physically? MOSTLY OK - I HAVE PLENTY OF ACHES AND PAINS AND COMPLAINTS - SOME I HAD HOPED TO AVOID THIS PREGNANCY BUT THEY ARE SHOWING UP NOW. :(

4. Is everything ready to go? - NO. WE'RE STILL TRYING TO GET #4 TO SLEEP IN HIS OWN BED ALL NIGHT, EVEN IF HE'S NOT SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. I NEED TO DO BABY LAUNDRY AND SORT CLOTHES INTO SIZES. OTHERWISE WE JUST WING IT ANYWAY. I GUESS WE BETTER GET SOME NEWBORN DIAPERS TOO THOUGH.

5. Are you nervous/excited/anxious? - EXCITED!! I'M REALLY OVER THE MOON ABOUT HIS ARRIVAL AND CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO BE HERE. I HOPE THERE ARE NO COMPLICATIONS WITH THE BIRTH LIKE THERE WAS WITH #4.

6. How is Dh/So (if N/A how's your family?) - HE's EXCITED TOO BUT IN PREPARING MODE. HE GETS NERVOUS BECAUSE HE'S ON THE ROAD HALF THE WEEK AND WANTS TO BE SURE WE'RE ALL OK HERE.

7. Any birth plan? - JUST TO HAVE A BABY!! I PLAN FOR NO EPIDURAL BUT AM NOT TOTALLY AGAINST IT IF IT SEEMS NECESSARY - AS NATURAL AS POSSIBLE - BUT AS LONG AS HE GETS HERE SAFELY, I DON"T CARE HOW HE GETS HERE. :)

sig2-sm

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 11:52am
1. Name
Heather

April 6.....c/section scheduled for mar 30

3. How are you feeling physically?
I need new hips right about now! I don't remember my hips ever hurting this bad before.

4. Is everything ready to go?

No as I want food stocked in the freezer...that still needs to be purchased. I want my van detailed too. Why is it I want the van spotless too? Going to get that done too! I wish I could hire a house cleaner too...but they don't come out this far where I live. All my kids have nasty coughs and colds too.....I want everyone healthy!

5. Are you nervous/excited/anxious?
Im worried about my recovery. :(

6. How is Dh/So (if N/A how's your family?)
My parents don't give a crud about me and my life. Its sad. My in laws are not really involved and they are in their 70's. My husband is my rock!

7. Any birth plan?
Nope
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 11:59am
That's too darn bad about your extended family situations. I can't imagine doing without. Hopefully you can start getting a freezer...and getting it stocked ;) I'm with you on the car. I want mine detailed before baby gets here and it doesn't get cleaned for forever.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-02-2012 - 12:00pm
Your birth 'plan' sounds like mine. Will your dh get some time off from travel to help you out right after the baby is born?

Photobucket<

Pages