Any knitters out there...need some tips

iVillage Member
Any knitters out there...need some tips
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 2:56am

I find knitting during pregnancy helps pass the time.  These days, I'm knitting a baby blanket and a simple cap.  Looking for some pointers on making even stitches though.  Can anyone help me out?  Anyone else, like to knit?  Anyone knitting for baby these days?

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 2:05pm

Frankly, it just takes time and practice to get the stiches to be even.  To start with, just try to keep the tension on your "feeder" yarn the same all the time.  Those stitches will get more even, I promise!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 7:43am

Awesome!!! Thanks!Wink

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 7:16am

Ummito5 wrote:
<p>I find knitting during pregnancy helps pass the time.  These days, I'm knitting a baby blanket and a simple cap.  Looking for some pointers on making even stitches though.  Can anyone help me out?  Anyone else, like to knit?  Anyone knitting for baby these days?</p>

I've always wanted to knit but have never taken the time to learn. Maybe some day? :) 

iVillage does have a Knitting & Crocheting community, though, that may be of some help?  I'm sure the ladies there would love to hear from you and would have some great tips to pass on to you.

Here's a link- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/home-garden/hobbies-crafts/knitting-crocheting

photo snowsiggy.png