Bras

iVillage Member
Bras
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 4:18pm

What kind are you wearing these days??

Do you have a favorite type of nursing bra?

Alice

iVillage Member
In reply to: aliwag809
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 5:17pm

I purchased some nursing bras from Motherhood several months ago. They were working just fine for pregnancy until last month, when they became increasingly uncomfortable. I ended up having to go to an expensive department store for a fitting, because I jsut couldn't figure out my size. I opted to purchase a couple of regular non-nursing bras, as I was told from several sources that I will probably not stay that size after pregnancy. The store from which I bought them will convert them to nursing bras if I still really do need them. I have to say they are the best fitting bras I've EVER worn. I've heard the Motherhood bras are rather cheaply made; some women find they break easily. I haven't had any problems (yet!).

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 5:34pm

I have been wearing loft comfy sports bras since about 4-5 months.  When I started to show the underwire of my regular bras started chafing the top of my tummy and it really hurt.  It was so bad I couldn't put a bra on at all for a few days until it healed.  Bras are so expensive and I didn't want to but a bumch of bras that wouldn't fit anymore after pregnancy, so I broke out the sports bras and haven't looked back.  No, they aren't flattering, but they do the job and don't hurt.

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 7:38pm

I wore sports bras with my 1st two pregnancies and for nursing--I wore the cotton ones--but I tried going to them this pregnancy and they weren't comfortable-I have replaced my underwire bras twice in bigger sizes and been getting by with that but now am finding the baby's head (she's breach) really bothering me with the underwire--I had bought a nursing bra at Kohls and liked it so I got a few more when I had a coupon and like them at the moment.  To me they are more like a sports bra but have some padding for shape and no nipples showing! Here is the link to the model and while I did pay $20 for the 1st one I bought I went back and got 2 more for 11 each since they were marked down to 13 and then I had a percent off coupon.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-833718/oh-baby-by-motherhood-racerback-nursing-bra.jsp

Alice

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 5:20am
After almost 8 years of nursing, I figured it's high time to invest in an article of clothing that I'd wear for a couple of years (I nurse usually till LO is 2). So I plunked the cash down on the Bravado Seamless Silk bras and got them on eBay new with tags for 30 bucks each. I'm wearing them these days and love how they have a size range (S,M, L, XL, etc) as opposed to exact sizing as it is good for when you're engorged or empty because your breast size changes accordingly. Once I found out that these particular type of Bravado bra also has a conversion kit to make it a regular bra when you're done nursing, I was sold! I absolutely LOVE these bras and alot of times don't even realize I'm wearing one. Gives lots of support for someone who has larger sized girls like me.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 7:25am
I will have to look into them--I nursed my first one for 13 months, 2nd one till he was almost 2. But pregnant, nursing or not I have a horrible time finding a comfortable bra and I have gone in for fittings.
Alice