Cloth or Disposable- What's Your Plan?

iVillage Member
Cloth or Disposable- What's Your Plan?
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 9:04am

Have you thought about what kind of diapers you will use for baby?  If so, will it be cloth or disposable?  Do you have any favorite brands?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 10:31pm
Disposable, a personal preference.
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 1:18pm

Disposable. The baby will be in daycare and we are just on the run way too much to make cloth very feasible for us. If I were home more, or we weren't out camping every other weekend in our trailer during the summer I would love to try cloth.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 11:15am

lily will be cloth diapered like her big brother. we may use disposable the first few days while there is still meconium and we tend to use disposables when im being lazy while out and about but otherwise it's all cloth. for disposable our fav is the target brand diapers, cheap and work fantastic. for cloth our fav is g diapers. my fav parts of those are that the covers are reusable which saves money on the most expensive part of the diapers, they are super easy to use and wash and of course they are adorable and i can find them cheap at some local stores :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 2:13am

We're doing a little bit of both according to how the days go.  I'd love to cd but not sure if I can handle the extra laundry in the house.  I already wash at least a load a day and am kinda sick of clothes but realize the benefits of the cloth.  BUT...can't beat the convenience of the disposables.  Somewhere, I'll find a medium as this baby is the first to come (other than my first born) when I'm not homeschooling so I'll have a bit more time to spare compared to my other kids.  

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 8:07pm

We are planning to go cloth as much as possible. I've been doing a lot of research and joined a local cloth diapering group. Teh next step will be to go to a seminar at a local store, to learn the various types that are out there. I am glad that diaper liners exist for BMs; that was DH's biggest concern. People are saying that after the meconium passes, keeping up with the cloth is a fairly regular process.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 12:21pm

Disposable for sure! Can't get into the idea of cleaning cloth.

With my oldest son we had to use pampers he had a very large bladder and would pee thru anything else no matter how often we changed him!  But since this is a girl I am hoping to get away with less expensive ones--I know my sister typically uses luvs with her toddler daughter

Alice