Creative Announcements

iVillage Member
Creative Announcements
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:45am
What's the cutest announcement you've seen? We're keeping it quiet for awhile, since I had a miscarriage in June. I can't wait to share the news with everyone in a cute way. Especially my kids!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 11:56am

We were going to get DS a big brother shirt and let him wear it and just wait for prople to notice.  Not terribley creative, but fun anyway.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find one in size 2T and I couldn't keep my mouth shut. 

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 12:55pm

we did the tshirt thing last time. it took my family so long to catch on. it was terrible lol. not sure what were gonna do this time. but were waiting a while to tell people so i have time to come up with something

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 3:21pm
We did that with our second too! Super fun and everyone loved it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 6:52pm
We are one of those annoying couples who is always taking the camera & tripod and taking pictures together. So we are planning on making a sign that says "We're expecting" or something like that, and taking pictures with it and sending that out.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:46am

For DD our 1st trimester ended right around Thanksgiving so i showed up at our family gatherings with a shirt that said "tis the season to be pregnant"....my family caught on MUCH quicker than DH's family!

For our parents/siblings we had this poem about the baby being excited to meet them in 9 months and gave it them to read, my mom barely got through the first line before she blurted out "YOUR PREGNANT?!?!" I made her finish the poem and allow others to finish before answering her....silly woman!

For this one we got our DD a shirt that says "cutest sister ever" on it and plan to have her wear it.....it was really hard to find a "big sister" shirt.  I used the shirt to announce it to DH too!

I've heard of people putting ultrasound pics or even just a card with due date in a picture frame and having people open that as an announcement?!?!?!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 5:35pm
What a cute announcement! I love it! I think for family and siblings, I'm going to get one of those skeleton t-shirts with the baby skeleton in the belly. I love Halloween and so do my kids so I think they'll get a kick out of it.
Photobucket