Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes?

iVillage Member
Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes?
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 9:31am

What are some of your must-have Thanksgiving dishes?  Anything you have a crazy craving for right now?  Are you having any aversions to some of the traditional dishes?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:43am

I'm ready for the whole spread!  Yummy!!!  Looking forward to the nice golden brown bird, with the stuffing/dressing, cranberry sauce, squash casserole, macaroni and cheese, candied yams, string beans and almonds, huge salad, dinner rolls, and punch.  For dessert, we usually go with apple pie, pumpkin or pecan pie, and hot apple cider.  Making sure to wear my biggest maternity pants!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 4:54pm

Rice dressing, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie are musts for me. For the sweet potatoes, I like them baked in the oven and topped with nutmeg and cinnamon before serving. My dad grew pumpkins in his garden this year, so we enjoyed fresh pumpkin in the pie. Yum-O! I love fresh cranberry sauce, but i get to eat all the leftovers myself. DH won't touch the stuff. His loss!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 4:10pm

I had aversions to nearly everything! All I wanted was stuffing and pumpkin pie.

I am normally not a big fan of turkey - and my husband makes a fabulous smoked turkey. I was polite and had a few bites.

I am looking forward to my appetite returning, but given that I am 22 weeks, I am not convinced that is going to happen until I birth. :-/