Hallowe'en: 10 questions

iVillage Member
Hallowe'en: 10 questions
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 8:15pm
  1. Are you planning to dress up for Hallowe'en?
  2. Are your kids dressing up?
  3. Do your kids trick or treat or celebrate in some other way?
  4. Who takes the kids to their Hallowe'en festivities?
  5. Will you April baby be dressed up when October 2013 rolls around?
  6. At what age do you think it's appropriate to start trick-or-treating?
  7. At what age do you think it's appropriate to stop trick-or-treating?
  8. Is Hallowe'en more of a kids' holiday? An adults holiday? For everyone?
  9. What is the best baby or kid's Hallowe'en costume you've seen and why did you like it?
  10. What is the worst baby or kid's hallowe'en costume you've seen and why didn't you like it?

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:52am

Are you planning to dress up for Hallowe'en? no dressing up for me this year. we were all gonna go as pirates this year but ds decided last minute he wanted to be something else

Are your kids dressing up? my living child is dressing up as a rocket/space ship type thing

Do your kids trick or treat or celebrate in some other way? he is going trick or treating

Who takes the kids to their Hallowe'en festivities? my husband and i are, we will be joined by my parents

Will you April baby be dressed up when October 2013 rolls around?absolutely!

At what age do you think it's appropraite to start trick-or-treating?any age. my oldest went out for his first halloween when he was 3 mo old and with my second i knew he probably would be aroud to see this halloween so we dressed up the bump and included him in the holiday festivities as best we could

At what age do you think it's appropriate to stop trick-or-treating? 18, i think the teenagers still hold on to a bit of their childhood and need this still

Is Hallowe'en more of a kids' holiday? An adults holiday? For everyone? for everyone

What is the best baby or kid's Hallowe'en costume you've seen and why did you like it? the baby tootsie roll is my fav, it is so cute!

What is the worst baby or kid's hallowe'en costume you've seen and why didn't you like it? cant think of one

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 11:45am
  • Are you planning to dress up for Hallowe'en? No, DH and I haven't dressed up for Halloween since 2009 when we did a halloween bar tour in DC.

• Are your kids dressing up? our 17 month old DD is dressing up as a Lady Bug - she surprisingly LOVED the costume....I thought she wouldn't like it because it has a hood and a "bump" on the back

• Do your kids trick or treat or celebrate in some other way? DD just helps us hand out candy as I think she's too young to go trick-or-treating yet.

• Who takes the kids to their Hallowe'en festivities? DH & I.  She has parties at daycare, so there we aren't really involved, but otherwise we make sure to get her out & about :)

• Will you April baby be dressed up when October 2013 rolls around? Yep, the baby will wear the Penn State Nittany Lion costume that DD wore for her first Halloween.....it cost enough money that I want it worn by more than 1 child ;)

• At what age do you think it's appropraite to start trick-or-treating? 2+ (or whatever age they can "understand" and participate).  DD isn't going this year because she can't eat the candy and she can't say trick-or-treat, or please or thank-you.  I think people would look at us like we're nuts and know that we're just getting candy for ourselves.

• At what age do you think it's appropriate to stop trick-or-treating? Early teens.....though I can't remember exactly when I stopped, but I don't think I trick-or-treated while in High School.

• Is Hallowe'en more of a kids' holiday? An adults holiday? For everyone? For everyone

• What is the best baby or kid's Hallowe'en costume you've seen and why did you like it? Hmmm...I don't know that I have a favorite....but DD looks pretty cute in her lady bug outfit (though I'm a little biased) ;)

• What is the worst baby or kid's hallowe'en costume you've seen and why didn't you like it? again, don't know that I've seen a bad one yet......we'll see after tonight (trick-or-treat in our neighborhood).