How's everyone these days?

iVillage Member
How's everyone these days?
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 1:12am

Well...our board is slowwwwly dying...Let's keep it alive!!!  How are you ladies feeling these days.  I hear this is supposed to be the honeymoon of pregnancy but I think maybe because I've had many kids and are getting older now (I'm really only 33) I feel like it's the last trimester for me.  I'm sooo sleepy and can't stay asleep at night with heartburn and aches and pains.  I've also had bouts of nausea (mild) but annoying and a nasty cold.  And to top it off, I think I have a UTI (which I get in every pregnancy).  ARGHH.  Oh well...I feel my LO kicking regularly now and will be getting a gender ultrasound this weekend!  YAYYYY!!!!  So I'll keep you posted on what that's like.  Anyway, looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 7:45am
Im still here! My name is Lindsay. I check the board everyday at least. Im 15 weeks today but the baby is measuring big and earlier than they said so Ill prolly go around April 20th or so. Im having my gender scan on Dec. 20th. My MW make you wait till your 22 weeks... ugh.... Im feeling great. It was like as soon as I hit the 2T I got my energy back and my headaches stopped! It was so wonderful cause I have 3 sons that I raise full time as a SAHM. My oldest is 5 and in Kindergarden, I have a 2 1/2 yo and I have a 5 month old so I was so exhausted everyday but now im finally keeping back up with them all and my house chores and errands :-D Good luck with finding out the gender this weekend. How far along are you? What are you hoping for?
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:29am

Hey Lindsay,  

Nice to see people are here still.  I'm 16 weeks today by ultrasound but LMP puts me at 17 weeks today.  I'm going with the u/s date I guess but I'm sure about my dates so maybe I implanted later.  Not sure.  I've got 2 boys and 2 girls.  Either way, I'm really hoping for a boy but will be happy still with a girl.  Sounds petty but I really don't want another head of hair to comb and my kids share rooms (we've got 3 bedrooms so girls in a room, boys in a room, and parents in one) so with my boys room being the biggest it makes it easier.  Just ultimately really want a healthy baby.  My last baby was a sickly one with severe food allergies, rickets, and sleep apnea.  I was so ignorant on the subject and so it made it worse as it took the docs and I a while to figure out what was going on and in the meantime my son got really ill and thin (2nd %ile).  So I'm hoping my hopefully improved health allows me to make a healthier and happier baby this go round.  Glad to hear you are well.  Hopefully it'll continue throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 10:59am

18 weeks tomorrow and also have an ultrasound tomorrow. getting pretty nervous about it since it was this ultrasound with my son that we found out he had trisomy 18 so i am praying hard that this baby is healthy, also super anxious to find out what were having! we have all been sick the past week so this is the first time ive been on here in a while

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 2:19pm

Chpfife, sending you P&PT that all will be good tomorrow and you'll have a good ultrasound and a healthy baby.  Please let us know how things go.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 2:52pm

I'm still here.  I check the board every day or 2 but there just hasn't been much going on since the change.  I was 16 weeks yesterday.  Our big ultrasound is on the 27th of Nov.  Can't Wait!!  I threw up again this morning..ughh  also having bad headaches now.  I'm starting to feel the baby move more finally, so that is fun!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 9:18pm

Hi Lindsay, chpfife, and ummi!

Ultrasounds scheduled and pending...sounds GREAT! I'm still having flutters, but that's all. Hey, it's still early, so no worries> i have my next appt scheduled for Nov 20, but no next U/S scheduled yet. Ugh! I want to at least get it scheduled!!Well...son. Maybe it's now time to start bugging them more frequently...

I was unusually tired most of the day today. But then considerng the very busy weekend I had, visiting and driving....hmmm...could that have had anythign to do with it?!? Wink

Well...on with the week. And for all those who are United States citizens, remember to vote tomorrow, if you haven't already sent in your ballot!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 4:29pm

I have finally stopped throwing up (or at least it has been a week since I last threw up) - YAY!

I am feeling pretty good and survived 7 days of amusement parks with my husband, 5yo and 8yo last week in Orlando. I haven't struggled with sciatica in my previous pregnancies, but it was killing me this past week with the walking.

Loving feeling more movements. Also enjoying the increased sex drive!

I have more energy and feel like I can tackle most anything... until 8:30pm and then I am ready for bed. ;-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 1:34pm

I'm here too.....kind of.  I'm really not loving the transition so I lack motivation to check the board as frequently.  I'm trying to give them time to make the changes, but I tend to be a very impatient person :(

I am 16 1/2 weeks tomorrow.  i had my 16 week OB appointment on Monday (11/5) and got to hear the HB (definitely best sound in the world) and also scheduled our anatomy scan for December 3.  I was hoping it would be earlier, but December 3 is exactly 20 weeks.....which is when I had it for DD......so not unexpected.  Now here's hoping the baby cooperates and everything looks good!

Otherwise I've been feeling good. Definitely got some energy back, though not all of it (and DD's sudden desire to be up before 5am every day certainly isn't helping).  But the annoying need to blow my nose 8+ times a day has returned (I experienced this with DD's pregnancy from about 12 weeks to 34).  I was really hoping it wouldn't happen this time......but perhaps pregnancy opens my sinuses??!?! ANNOYING!!!!