Introductions

iVillage Member
Introductions
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 1:23pm

Some of us have met at the March board, but I thought I'd re-introduce myself here.

My name is Sarah and DH and I are expecting our first baby April 7, 2013. I am a cancer survivor. Before my battle we had been trying to start a family and suffered two losses, one in the first trimester and one in the second. I had bloodwork done today which confirms that there is, in fact, a bun in my oven. Needless to say, I'm nervous about this baby and as horrible as it may sound, neither DH nor I are getting our hopes too high just yet.

Here's hoping I get to spend the next 9 months with you ladies. Best of luck to all of your for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 8:39pm

Hi all and contratulations!  I'm Anita, age 34 expecting #2.  DS turned 3yo in July.  Tentative due date 4/19.  This was a planned surprise for us.  We started trying in May with no luck, decided nothing would happen in July or August due to DH's work travel schedule (we were only together a total of 4 days in July), so we were both shocked with a BFP.  Adding to that we'd decided to wait to try again for a couple months since I just accepted a new job (start 9/4).  So all in one week I got new job offer/accepted it, quit my current job and got a BFP, sheesh!  Trying to relax and not stress about the fact that I'll have to break the pregnancy news to a brand new employer.  Hoping I don't start showing earlier with #2!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:35pm

Hi gang,

I did a little intro in the other section, but thought I'd join you all here. I am 41, 42 in 6 weeks (old lady of the bunch? :smileywink: but have been TTC no 2 for 2.5 years--almost a year of clomid, 2 fresh/1 frozen IVF cycles and at the last cycle in June, they determined that out of 10 embryos (huge number for my age), all 10 were abnormal.....we were devastated since we were always told I have so many eggs left, this should be possible for us to achieve another baby, but based on the amount of treatments I've had and having 3 losses (plus 2 before DD), it was looking to me like I needed to turn to donor egg, something that never occurred to me before. But, I *desperately* want another child. Dh wasn't on board with DE yet so we were going to do another round of IVF in Oct....until we got this suprise BFP! I have only been pg one time naturally in 6 years of ttc so this has been thrilling and shocking at the same time.

However, with my age, pcos and history of m/c, I really need to be cautious (trying to not be panicked/paranoid, in fact). But, I really, really, really hope this works out and I'm able to stick around for the long haul with you guys.

The good news is that my 3 betas were not super high, but normal range-and all doubled (which my last 3 pg did not) so I just have to try and wait it out until the u/s this Friday (and the next several weeks, if that u/s looks okay--one hurdle at a time, though!). This am I woke up with my minimal symptoms gone--totally freaked out--but they appear to be back for the most part tonight. I am one of those 'lucky/unlucky' people who don't seem to get strong pg symtoms (which is lucky if you have no fertility issues, but feels unlucky when you struggle with infertility--I want to feel sick so I know I"m still pg! haha)

baby dust to all

me: 41

dh: 46

dd: 4

TTC 2 Journey 10 mos ttc naturally with Met (all bfn) June 2010 back on clomid 100mg x 7 days-BFP! M/C August 4 more rounds of clomid (3 w/ IUI) all BFN March clomid plus injectables -BFN April = natural cycle May back to clomid plus injectables
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 8:46am

Congrats on your BFP, Jodi!  Hoping all is well and you have a healthy pregnancy!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 8:43am

Congrats on #4, Kate!  Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2012 - 3:26pm

Hi All,

My name is Jodi, and as if now my edd is 4/1/13. My cycles have been irregular, so that is subject to change :smileywink:. I have my first prenatal and scan on Tuesday!

I'm cautiously excited, but very nervous, as I have a history of m/c due to blighted ova. I'm trying to remain hopeful without getting overly excited just yet. They say it only happens once for most women, but I'm one of the "lucky' ones that has had it more often. This is my seventh pg, and will be my fourth baby if all turns out well. This is also a surprise baby, so I'm worried that the meds I was taking (zoloft, tri-sprintec (yes I was on bc lol) and aleve 2x a day) and things I ate and drank will have messed things up.

A little about me: I'm 29, just moved in with my bf of almost 2 years, we have 4 kids between the two of us. I have DD7 Madison, DS4 Jordan, and DD2 Caitlyn (all from my previous marriage). Bf has DS5 Kristian. It's a crazy life most of the time but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 11:16pm

I'm Kate- Momma of 3 little ones and now our 4th is due April 10. I usually go a week early, so I hoping for another early one. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 3:23pm

Congrats on your BFP!  Sending you Sticky Bean Vibes and wishing you a healthy pregnancy!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 8:15am

Hi everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself too. I'm a first-time mom, although I have one miscarriage from week 11 behind me in last April. I'm hoping next April will be a happier month for my husband and I. I'm nearing 30, he's a little over and we've been married for 5 years.

I'm glad to be sharing this time with you all :smileyhappy:

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 7:51am

Funny how things happen when you finally make other plans, lol.  Think we are very comfortable with DH getting 'fixed' now ;-)  

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 12:09pm

Jennifer, I'm glad you decided to post!  Sending you tons of sticky vibes and wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Photobucket

Pages