Just curious...

iVillage Member
Just curious...
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 7:00pm

If you saw the name Ayla how would you pronounce it? EYE-la or AY-la (rhymes with DAY)

Also, if you saw the name Cave how many of you would recognize it as a name from a video game? (If you could ask your SO, too, that would help. I'm a woman gamer, but I think more men would recognize it than women)

If you want to flame either name (hey that rhymes) do me a favor: raise your hand, and put it over your mouth. I'm not interested in hearing anyone's negatives. Thanks.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 9:22am
Thank you, everyone!!

Hubby picked Cave (it would be a middle name) and my first thought was Cave Johnson from Portal 2. He won't admit if he got the idea from the game or not and I was curious if others would jump to the same conclusion. The name is growing on me. Ryan Cave P. or Ayla Renne P.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 10:13pm
I would pronounce the name Ayla Ay(rhymes with Day)-la and I would not recognize Cave as a name from a video game.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:24pm
I would pronounce it 'eye-la' because there is an old techno/trance song called Ayla Part 2 and that's how they say it.

Neither I nor DH are gamers so I wouldn't associate the name Cave with a game, just a place in nature.

Christina

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 7:59pm
I would pronounce it with an A not E. And I love that name! I'm not a gamer and neither is my DH, so I would not associate Cave with a video game.