Prayers for those who may be affected by Hurricane Sandy

iVillage Member
Prayers for those who may be affected by Hurricane Sandy
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:29am

Reaching out with prayers for those who may be affected by Hurricane Sandy. Please check in as you can and let us know how you are doing!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member

Glad you are safe and well. A friend of mine was really worried when the power went out in the Philly area on Monday night. I havent' heard from her since--hope she is OK.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member

I live outside of Philadelphia, which was forecasted to get slammed by the eye of the storm.....luckily I think the storm changed track at the last minute and spared us of any MAJOR damage.  There is definite widespread power outages in the state of PA (my brother & BIL are currently without power).  But DH, DD & I fared well.....no power loss and minimal property damage  - we lost two trees (which we planned to replace soon anyway) and the screen to one of our family room windows.  Again, minimal when you see the havoc the storm created elsewhere!

Our companies were closed, along with DD's daycare, for Monday and Tuesday, but today it's back to the normal schedule.  And it appears that trick-or-treat will still take place for us tonight!!  We got lucky!

iVillage Member

Well, hopefully you were spared!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member

Flooding isn't much of a problem since they dropped our rainfall total to about 4 inches and I don't live near a river or the ocean.  Power outages are a very real possibility--they are increasing moment by moment--we still have power but you never know!  We lost power last year for almost a week!  And this time they said it could be 10 days.

Alice

iVillage Member

Thanks for checking in, Ali. Stay safe and warm; I imagine the flooding and power outages could still potentially affect your area?

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
I'm in NJ but so far nothing major here--I'm in the northern/central part of the state (close to Newark and NYC) but inland enough not to be affected by the high tide and storm surges.

Alice

iVillage Member

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!  Please let us know how you are doing when you can!

photo snowsiggy.png