Pregnancy Trend: WombTube Pregnancy Reveals

iVillage Member
Pregnancy Trend: WombTube Pregnancy Reveals
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 12:40pm

From Skyping friends and family with your firstborn wearing a t-shirt stating, "I'm going to be a big brother" to posting your first sonogram photo on Facebook, we've seen all kinds of creative ways to announce a pregnancy, but a growing number of parents-to-be are broadcasting their joy even earlier -- videotaping the a pregnancy test as it turns positive and sharing it on Youtube.

Welcome to the weird, yet addicting, world of dramatic WombTube videos. Just search "pregnancy test results" to find everything from a woman taking an ept test (in real time) to a mom with her daughter taking a look at the test resultsfor the first time. Some of the revealing videos get more than 50,000 views -- giving new meaning to the idea of "big news."

Well, this is a new one for me!  Anyone planning to do this?  Have you checked out the videos before? (I may have to head over to my friend, Google...) 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 1:22pm
Wow! I don't know if it's just me being paranoid or what but I would never announce a pregnancy that soon. Unless they are videoing the test and then not posting it until 12 weeks, at which point I would be showing off an ultrasound of a healthy baby, not the test that was taken 2 months ago.

We have a BEAUTIFUL botanical gardens near by, we had a lot of dates there, we were married there and we have taken a lot of photos together there. So we plan to go and take some photos of us holding what will probably be a blow-up ultrasound, or just a sign that says "we're having a baby" or something along those lines and sending them to everyone. But we are waiting until at least 14 weeks if not longer.