Pregnant after vasectomy and freaking out!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Pregnant after vasectomy and freaking out!
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 8:53am

Hi, I'm Amy. I have four beautiful children: Audrey, 6th grade, Georgia, 3rd grade, Sydney, kindergarten, and Joel, age 2.

My hubby had a vasectomy about 18 months ago.

And this morning I found out that I am pregnant with our fifth child. Due date is April 4, although my kids have all been from 7-11 days late.

I guess we are the one in 1000 whose vasectomy reverses itself, even though he went back and was told all was clear.

Aaaaaahhhhh! We are going crazy! We got rid of all our baby stuff, and I mean ALL!!

Has anyone been in my position? I know we will come around to the idea of this little one, but what a shock!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:34am

I agree, what a miracle!  Congrats on your pregnancy, however unexpected.  Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 11:44am
Welcome, Amy!

What a surprise. I would be freaking out a bit as well. Especially if the test after the vasectomy came back free of swimmers. I'm sure you will get used to the idea of #5. Congratulations.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:02am

Big grats I was preggers after a birth control recall due for November 2012 but had a loss that ended with D&C on 4/26. We tried condoms waiting out three cycles since I decided I wanted to be pregnant. Well, even with condoms and only one actual cycle later I got pregnant. So birth control doesn't always work =(  lol