Seasoned Mama in the maternity section--yay!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Seasoned Mama in the maternity section--yay!
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 12:14am

Last night, DH wanted to go to a movie. I was cold, so I reached for a piar of pants. I like to wear stretchy skinny jeans, so I'm not even trying those at this point! Btu I have a couple of "fat" pants that still fit. However, one pair is starting to get uncomfortable. So today, he insists that I must buy myself a pair of maternity khakis, as this is only gong to get worse. So after the Farmer's Market (yum!), off to Target we went. We were looking around, trying to decide what to buy and browsing for later. In this store, the plus sizes are located next to the maternity section. A woman and her two young children were shopping there. She overheard DH and I discussing various items and whether or not they might be necessary at all. She said, hey, sorry to interrupt a personal conversation, but here's what I did with both my daughters: She showed us a few items she liked and explained why she liked them. She also explained the difference in fit and fabrics between Target and Motherhood, and which items she liked better from the various stores, and where to find coupons for Motherhood. Another woman, who also didn't look pregnant yet, came over to listen in, as well. The seasoned mama again apologized for interrupting. We assured her it was not a problem and thanked her for her advice!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 1:04pm

Sounds like she was extremely helpful!  I was clueless the first time around, however I did order almost everything from Old Navy and Gap online and that worked out very well.  They're maternity clothes was pretty true to pre-preganacy sizes so that helped.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 1:33pm

Another thing to keep in mind is that yard sale season is drawing to a close.  You can find some great deals on gently used clothing!  Also, don't be afraid to hit thrift stores and consignment shops.  :smileywink:

Photobucket