Sip & See Anyone?

iVillage Member
Sip & See Anyone?
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 9:03am

Many expectant parents will buck tradition in 2013 by swapping the pre-baby shower for a "Sip and See" party post-baby instead. Typically held in baby's first month of life, a sip and see allows friends and family to come by to "sip" a drink and "see" your newborn.

"Sip and Sees are becoming more popular because, let's face it, people want to see the baby!" says Jennifer of Jennifer V event design and planning, who adds it also makes sense for friends and family who live far away -- since they can see the baby and attend the celebration in just one trip. It's also a great option for second- or third-time moms who may not want to have a shower, but still want to get together with family and friends. We love the map-themed "Welcome to the World" Sip and See created by A Little Savvy Event and the traditionally Southern one by Kate Landers Events.

http://www.ivillage.com/biggest-parenting-trends/6-b-505702#505703

This is a fun idea!  Anyone planning to have a Sip & See instead of a traditional shower?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 11:38am

my cousin is throwing us a shower but she has limited space so we cant really invite all the extended family that expect to be invited. we are thinking about doing a sip & see ( they call them welcome baby parties around here) for the extended relatives to not feel left out and for everyone that was invited to the shower to come meet her anyway but it is not a done deal yet

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 11:44am

I don't plan on showers since this is our 3rd but with my 1st I did have my church baby shower after he was born so he was there and everyone really loved that!! Our church families bring meals for the first couple of weeks after the baby is born so a lot of people stop by and meet the baby when they drop the meal off.

Alice

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 7:08pm

I am going to have a couple of traditional baby showers in March, but i do like this idea. I think I'll have to plan this for May. Maybe a kids' sip 'n see for my piano families, then another for friends who want to stop by.

winter 2010 siggy