Skin and hair changes??

iVillage Member
Skin and hair changes??
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 8:39am

Is it just me or are the rest of you facing acne and greasy hair again?? It's very weird because my hair pre-pregnancy was dry enough I only shampoo and condition 2x a week, now I need to do it daily!!! I also have a few pimples (probably because we were with out power for 9 days and daily hygiene wasn't normal) but even back on a normal schedule I notice my face being greasy as the day goes on.

Alice

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:29am

I hear you on the bad skin.  With my first PG I had awesome hair, skin & nails for the entire 40 weeks....it was awesome.  This PG has been really similar to my first, but I've had a lot of skin issues this time?!?!?!  Can't really be much help other than to say "you're not alone"

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 11:54am

I'm totally with you on the acne.  I look like a teenager!  I never had serious issues with pimples etc in previous pregnancies or in my teens but now I look like a walking pizza.  On top of the acne I also am battling eczema on my arms and legs.  I know the air is drying in the winter months but sheesh!  Hope this phase passes soon.