Speciality preg undies--yes or no?

iVillage Member
Speciality preg undies--yes or no?
Thu, 03-21-2013 - 8:43pm

OK ladies, I haven't even considered this as a purchase up until now, because it hasn't been an issue. But now the elastic is cutting into my skin and making marks. I mentioned it to DH and said I had seen the speciality undies, but didn't think it a worthwhile purchase for what will probably be 6 weeks tops. He disagreed, and said it looks really uncomfortable (I have to admit, it has been an uncomfortable past few days). So what can you all tell me about these garments? Is the purchase of a few pair even worth it for the short time I will likely even want them? Am I uncofortable because, well, I only have a few weeks left, and that's just the way it is?

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 7:07pm

3rd pregnancy and I have never tried a pair---I just bought bigger underwear but regular ones of the same ones I normally wear since I only like specific ones--mine are the soft non elastic ones so even when they get tight they don't dig in they just roll down--I started pre pregnant in a size 5 and just switched to size 8 last week--they are a little big but the 7's were consistently rolling down and that annoyed me so I just bought a pack of 3 pair.

Alice

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 8:06pm

I have never tried them.  I just wear my regular ones under my belly.  Then I will replace them after the post partum period is over.  They will be all streched out!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-24-2013 - 12:37pm

I'd say give it a miss.  I bought some with my third and didn't really feel like they were all that.  I bought several pairs of Old Navy maternity ones and to be honest, bigger sized bikini style panties were more comfy and could be worn after LO got here.  So that's what I did for this one and am nice and comfy.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-25-2013 - 12:35am

Thanks, ladies. I decided on some larger bikini panties--seemed reasonable.

winter 2010 siggy