What Do You Want in the Delivery Room?

iVillage Member
What Do You Want in the Delivery Room?
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 8:54am

Aromatherapy. Pressure-point massage. Water therapy in Jacuzzi-style tubs, with an option to dim the lights and play music. It might sound like a plush spa, but these services are for pain relief and distraction, not pampering.

Such amenities can weigh heavily when a pregnant patient is choosing where to deliver her baby, according to interviews with doctors, nurses, and midwives at hospitals around the Boston area, and maternity services have had to evolve to keep up with women’s expectations.

What women want in the delivery room- http://articles.boston.com/2012-06-18/health-wellness/32279038_1_pregnant-women-community-hospitals-...

Have you decided where you will deliver your baby yet?  If so, why did you select the hospital you did? Did extra amenities and/or services play a role in your decision?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 10:25pm
Were going with the same hospital that my boys were born in. After all the help compassion and respect we got from them through the birth and death of my last son I couldn't imagine going anywhere. They went above and beyond for us and although it will be hard to be there again that's where I know we would get the best care if anything were to happen to this baby too