What's Your Partner Anxious About?

iVillage Member
What's Your Partner Anxious About?
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 2:05pm

Channing Tatum has a little bit of anxiety about baby poop!

Dude, let me tell it to you straight: For starters, even if you train with the Harley Pasternak of diaper-changing, your kid's diaper will fall off at some point and the baby most likely will poop on the ground, the changing table, his/her pants and probably the seats of your car.

Second, because the baby will be a poop machine for the first year of his/her life, there's no question that you'll have to touch it. I'd bet serious money that at one time or another you get some lodged under your fingernails. You'll probably also have to use those hands to scoop turds out of the tub.

Finally, you will be peed on. This is a certainty if Jenna has a boy (tiny penises seem to have minds of their own), but also is likely if she has a girl (despite gravity). My older daughter is almost four and just this past weekend, I had to clean up an accident she had on a commercial airplane flight.

http://www.ivillage.com/channing-tatum-nervous-about-parenting-and-changing-diapers/6-a-520109

My husband was always so nervous he'd 'break' the baby while changing him.  How about your partner?  Have they expressed any baby related anxieties to you?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 3:57am

Reading about the birthing process has been very instructive and I'm really glad I am choosing to do so. It has also opened a lot of discussion between my husband and I, and I am learning about his concerns and fears. One fear he has is the whoel issue of tearing during vaginal births. I am reading (and working on) some ways to mitigate that, but I am also aware that it is very common and women heal. He wasn't aware it was so common, having just heard a story about tearing from his cousin's wife.

So question for you non prima gravia moms...tell me about tearing. Did you do anything to try and mitigate the issues? What do you feel actually helped? Did you tear?

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 9:27pm

DH is concerned about having a girl!! And knowing what to do with her, we have 2 boys already and he knows all about boys but all this pink frilly stuff coming in the house is intimidating him!

Alice

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 5:54pm

DH is a little concerned about birth defects, though not as much as he ws prior to 20 weeks. I think we're both a little nervous about the poop factor and cloth diapering, although I have heard it's much easier if you are nursing *exclusively* for the first year. I *hope* that works out!

winter 2010 siggy