Who have you told?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Who have you told?
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 9:59pm

I've only told DH and a couple of friends.  Both of our parents don't know nor our children.  I'm getting really close to telling the kids (DH wants to hold out a bit longer though).  Our siblings don't know either.  I guess I'm just waiting until the first appt at least to confirm all is well.  How about you ladies...who have you told that you're expecting?

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 12:19am

We wont be making any facebook announcments yet, but we have told our close family and our close friends (not co-workers though).

I can't keep it a secret for very long though, this is my 4th, and at 7 weeks, I am already showing.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 8:39am
Only dh, mom, and BFF know right now. I want to wait it out at least until we hear a heartbeat.
~Kelly
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:56am

I felt good wanting to wait until after the hospital confirmed my blood test but DH wanted to tell the family right away...so we did.  Then about 5 minutes after telling our families he posted on Facebook that "wife asked me to pick out a new baby name."  So everyone knows.  And he says I can't keep a secret, lol.  I felt I should have been mad but I love it when he gets excited about these things ;-)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 8:56am

I've only told DH so far (but I'm just over 4 weeks at this point).  We were talking last night and we can't figure out when to tell our immediate family.  With DD we told them @ 6 weeks, but my brother is getting married in early september and I don't want to step in their spotlight.  i know him and his fiance would be thrilled at our news (she is always asking when she's getting another neice/nephew), but I just hate to take the focus away from them, KWIM?! And we want to tell our families at the same time so DH doesn't want his parents/brother to know before mine :smileysad:  At this point it might be late September until anyone knows.....grrrrr!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 12:11am
My sister and my husband know and that'll be it for a while. After losing my last child to trisomy 18 we want to avoid the worry and such from everyone for as long as possible
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 4:49pm
Only DH. I did mention it in the Confessional, but I don't think that counts :smileywink:
We've had losses, and because of my medical problems this is a high risk pregnancy so we are holding off until the 2nd Trimester to tell anyone.
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 8:37am

I've told my mom and sister.  I also had to tell my boss.  I work with disabled children and some of them have a tendency to be violent so she needed to know that I can't work with those clients right now.  We have had 1 miscarrage and 1 chemical pregnancy, so we are hesitant to tell just yet.

Jennifer