Who Is Nesting?

iVillage Member
Who Is Nesting?
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 9:04am

Have your nesting instincts kicked in yet?  I know that I always wanted to clear out the house and scrub everything down at this point in my pregnancies.  How about you?  How are you doing with nesting at this point?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 9:30am

I am so totally nesting!! In the past month I (with help) renovated our upstairs bedroom and moved my boys up there--cleaned thru the attic, and painted the nursery!  I have also been working on purging the basement of clutter, was just finishing that this am!  My weekend plans are to get the baby stuff into the freshly painted nursery, once that happens I do feel the need to scrub the house clean!

Alice

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 12:00pm

nesting like mad! ive got a new project added to my list every day! hospital bag is packed, baby's room is ready and now im just down to super scrubbing my house, top to bottom!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-14-2013 - 8:18pm

Does it count as nesting if you really WANT to, but phsically can't?  I want to get the bassinet and changing table put together.  Clean the house, especially my bedroom since that is where Megan will sleep when she comes home, ect.  But I have a bad back and I can't do these things because the pregnancy is making my back really bad.  I can't lean over and sometimes I can hardly walk!!

I have been getting all Megan's clothes and blankets and stuff washed, but I can't even bend over to get the clothes out of the washer and into the dryer.  My DH has to do it.  I feel like I'm on him constantly to get the stuff done I can't do!!

We are slowly getting there!!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-15-2013 - 4:05am

I am starting to get the nursery ready. At this point, I'm trying to finish up with my classes, but I'm so not into them any longer. I just want to read baby stuff and get the baby's room in order. The furniture and home improvements are all in place, so I can put everything away. The diapers and covers are all arranged under the changing table. Clothes still need to be put in the dresser. Mom comes tomorrow with the decor and accessories she has sewn, and we plan on putting the room together a bit more this weekend. My baby shower is Saturday, so we'll know what else we need to purchase soon.

My greatest challenge right now is lack of sleep. I can only sleep for a few hours at a time, which makes me really tired during the day. i also end up "sleeping in." DH says I am nurturing a healthy baby, so he doesn't see an issue with whatever gets done or doesn't get done. Friends tell me it is normal at this point, and i am getting ready for baby's schedule outside the womb. They say fighting it does no good, so just go with it. I'm told things will change in about 3-4 months, as baby starts to sleep for longer stretches. We'll see...my mom said I did that, but my sister didn't really sleep much any night until she started Kindergarten...

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-15-2013 - 5:51pm

I'm sorry you can't do what you want to Jennifer!! I was put on bedrest with my 1st pregnancy before I had stopped working and I remember how hard it was to lay on the couch when I wanted to clean!!!

I got my changing area set up (don't have a changing table this time have the changing pad on the long dresser) today and the 0-3 month clothes moved into the dresser in the nursery.  And I washed the car seat cover, infant toys and bouncy seat cover--so I'm getting there.  Haven't packed my hospital bag yet but have started compiling stuff for it!

I also have well stocked my pantry and freezer to limit grocery trips after baby.  I haven't cooked many meals for the freezer but have stuff to make quick simple meals.

Alice

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-17-2013 - 8:06am

Ok, I am Definitely nesting!!  Even with my back and hip pain, LOL.  Yesterday we put together the bassinet and the changing table, cleaned the master bedroom top to bottom because this is where Megan will sleep when she comes home, finished setting up the nursery, pulled apart all the baby gear that we bought secondhand and washed it, putting back together today, even started cleaning closets!  I'm 35 weeks today, so maybe I'll have this little one at 37 weeks!  I'm so ready to have my body back, but want a healthy little one!

Jennifer