Who will be in the delivery room with you?

iVillage Member
Who will be in the delivery room with you?
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:11am

Who will be in the room with you when you give birth? Will it be just you and your DH/SO? Will you have friends and/or family members join you? Also, who do you think should have the final say on who gets to be in the room with you? Since it is your labor and delivery, should that be left up to you?

Who Gets to Be in the Delivery Room? How Many is Too Many? Who Decides?- http://www.ivillage.com/who-gets-be-delivery-room-how-many-too-many-who-decides/6-a-334787?ice=iv:mb...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 4:22pm

Just my husband and me. It will be a bit bittersweet for me as my mom was there for the births of my other two and she has since passed away.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 8:37am

Just me and DH.  It was just the 2 of us with our DS and I think I liked it that way.  I'm still considering hiring a Doula, in which case, of course she would be there too!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 12:00am

Well, with my first DH and I let everyone who wanted to be there come on in (we have a big family as he has 3 siblings and I have 5).  That didn't go too well.  I had an epidural and didn't feel myself poo on the table but it smelled and I thought DH passed gas and I whispered to him that it was gross.  He told the nurse something didn't smell good and she checked me in front of everyone and said that I'd poo'ed.  Needless to say everyone got the boot at that point and have never been allowed in since.  LOOOOL.   Soooo...it'll be just DH and I at this birth.  

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 1:37pm

Just me and my husband as I am having a repeat c-section. I would love for my mom to be in there but last time they told me no. I wonder if I beg, if they would let her in. I am her only daughter and I know she would love to share in the excitment.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 10:51am

just me and my hubby, just like with our other 2. and i get fina say.

Community Leader
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 8:59am

For my dd it was my now ex-husband and our doctor and the nurses and of course me...;)...lol...

With my ds originally I had planned on doing it ALONE...our doctor said it was up to me my choice, in the end he was there and another doctor delivered but he was great!

My now ex-mil and my kids step-grand-pa were there for the Labour but the Nurses checked with me and asked about my Preference.

No offence but if my own Mom wasn't going to be there neither was she.

I had a very difficult pregnancy with my son, long story.

But ultimately I think we are the ones giving birth, it is who we want and are comfortable with.

<3

Nightangel