Who's Your Labor Coach?

iVillage Member
Who's Your Labor Coach?
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 9:41am

Who will be in the labor/delivery room with you, helping out?  Will it be your DH? A friend or family member?

Have you taken any classes to prepare you for labor and delivery?  Have you thought about what techniques you'll use in the delivery room?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 2:17am

Momma2bri08, it's so nice that DH will be there thsi time! How old was DD before he got to see her? We are an AF family...DH came home one day this week with news of a possible deployment...that could last through April. i was happy when he later said he wasn't going to have to go. Any time except April, please!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 2:44am

DH will be there for me.  We were in japan when DD was born, DH was underway and my friends had gone on a weekend trip so I'm very much looking forward to having him here this time.  We're in Italy this time and family is coming about a week after my due date so he has no choice, lol.  Really want to try no epidural this time, nothing about a drug free/non drug free birth, I just really hate the thought of someone sticking a needle in my back ;-)

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 1:41am

DH will be there. He is calmer than I am (or at least, can appear so under pressure) in general, so hopefully, that will help!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 11:06am

DH will be there...but if this labor goes anything like labor with my son, he won't be much of a coach, LOL.  I went into labor with DS at about 7 pm and it really got going about 1 am...DH was sleeping.  Of course, I VERY loudly told the nurse he was sleeping, which woke him up.  But he still didn't do anything to help.  During delivery, he literally stood in a corner and watched from a distance.  Now to his defense, I delivered at shift change and there were so many nurses in the room that he couldn't have easily gotten close to me.  He was scared and didn't really know what to do besides stay out of the way!  I hope this time is different.

DH and I discussed hiring a Doula.  I thought I might try to go drug free during labor this time, but I would definitely need support that DH probably won't be prepared to give.  We still haven't decided for sure, however I think we are getting to a point were we need to make a decision if we are going to get on someone's schedule!!  The big factor is money.  If I have a Doula, then that takes the option of an epidural completely off the table because we can't afford both.  I guess I have some things to think about and discuss with DH and my midwife!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 12:07pm

I was told since I had 2 previous c-sections I have to have another one--dh will be in the OR with me

Alice