Yea, I'm done

iVillage Member
Yea, I'm done
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 2:04pm
Ok I'm going to be leaving I village if this new layout is how it's gonna be. I can't read any reply to any post. And can't tell if I'm signed in or not. Obviously I am now. I would ask if this is the new layout, but I won't see your reply
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 9:18am

katizma wrote:
I know you're not responsible and I thank you for the posts back. I wanted to update regarding my experience using this new forum system: The error is still abundant for viewing messages especially those posted prior to the change and the 255 character signature limit is absolutely horrible. You can hardly post anything. I had to take and cut out code just to make one ticker even plausible to post and I know HTML very well, so I assume others who do not might struggle. 255 limit is too restrictive IMO it should at minimum be 1000 so 1-2 tickers fit with some text or an image. IMO again there shouldn't be a restrictive limit because some people post sigs with their miscarriage tickers or anniversary tickers and their other kids, etc.. This really limits the creative expression behind the user.

We agree with you completely about the image restriction.  I ran into the same problem when trying to load my sig line.  I know this is something on the list to be fixed after the major fires are put out.  Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 6:06pm
I know you're not responsible and I thank you for the posts back. I wanted to update regarding my experience using this new forum system: The error is still abundant for viewing messages especially those posted prior to the change and the 255 character signature limit is absolutely horrible. You can hardly post anything. I had to take and cut out code just to make one ticker even plausible to post and I know HTML very well, so I assume others who do not might struggle. 255 limit is too restrictive IMO it should at minimum be 1000 so 1-2 tickers fit with some text or an image. IMO again there shouldn't be a restrictive limit because some people post sigs with their miscarriage tickers or anniversary tickers and their other kids, etc.. This really limits the creative expression behind the user.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2012 - 12:18am

Hello,

I wanted to stop in and share a link to the latest thread CD Jess started regarding viewing and replying to threads.  She'll be posting updates there once she has them.

Replying and Viewing Replies- Fixes- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help/ivillage-help/replying-and-viewing-replies-fixes#post-119781611

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 8:11pm
Some threads give error msg's on every click =(
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 3:54pm
Thanks so much for your patience, Catherine. I know it is frustrating! Our tech team is working like crazy to get bugs fixed. Hopefully the things causing the most frustration will be fixed soon. For everyone: feel free to email me directly at pboards@mail.ivillage.com if you has any questions or concerns. I'll be sure to get back to you as quickly as possible.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 1:16pm

I love iVillage, but right now, I'm frustrated, too. I'm willing to give them the week to fix things. I have enjoyed this board with  you ladies, and I hope we can continue to connect on our journey to April 2013 and beyond.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-17-2012 - 2:31am
Im frustrated too my tickers are gone and it is hard to navigate and use
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 3:41pm

Give it some time to be fixed :)  I know that IVillage was a great support for me through my losses and pregnancies. 

Wendy

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 2:48pm

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you are so frustrated right now.  Please know that the issues you are experiencing with not being able to read replies has been reported and our tech team is working feverishly to get it fixed.  It is a known bug and certainly not how things are supposed to be. 

Also, I wanted to share a link with you to our iVillage Help topic.  CD Jessica will be posting updates to the message board fixes there (and feel free to post any questions/comments/concerns there as well). 

iVillage Help- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

Thanks so much for your patience as we iron out all the kinks! 

photo snowsiggy.png