April Fool's Baby due 2013 :) Anyone else?

iVillage Member
April Fool's Baby due 2013 :) Anyone else?
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:52pm

Hi all,

I'm Sarah, from the very west coast of Canada.  I've been on ivillage off and on for over 12 years, mostly as a very eager nanny looking for support for the families I've worked with.  I am a teacher as well, working on my masters of special education.  Looking forward to meeting everyone on here :smileyhappy:  

ModernMomma, I'm glad we have your wealth of experience and knowledge on here with us! :smileyhappy: #8!  Awesome!  I was a nanny to 5 boys (mom was pregnant with #6):smileyhappy: but that was a long time ago.

I'm 32, having my first completely unplanned baby with my bf of just 7 months. Our relationship has been rocky lately - so I hope we can get our acts together and make this work. This last week has been an utter shock and we've definitely handled it differently!  My immediately family knows, but only his siblings know.  He's waiting until 3 months to tell his folks and anyone else.   I don't know how anyone can wait - but I am slowly starting to see how fun it is that he and I are sharing this secret now that I'm starting to believe that he wants me, wants us.

As for the pregnancy - Boy, did finding out I was pregnant sure clear up some things for me!  I was a mood swing mess the night before I found out.  And the weeks before were nutty too.  I had a week of feeling sick and uneasy but now that we are getting back on track as a couple I'm starting to feel better.

Question for all of you....  I've started taking my prenatal vitamins before bed to see if I could sleep through the morning sickness gagging that I was experiencing.  So far so good!  Is it okay that I take them before bed?  Anyone else done this?  

Things I'm looking forward to are:  

-seeing if the doctors change my due date in time.

-telling everyone

-seeing if my baby comes 3 weeks early, just like my mothers 3 and grandmothers 4 babies did.  They were all 6lbs7-7lbs4 so that sounds like a good deal :smileyhappy:  My mom's labours were under 5 hours as well!

-all opportunities to see/hear baby :smileyhappy:

Now to:

-find a doc in my new community

- wait patiently :smileyhappy:

Looking forward to sharing this will all of you :smileyhappy: 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 3:59pm

Congrats on your BFP!  I truly hope the two of you work together to do what's best for the baby.  Hugs.  I'm on baby #4 and have always taken the prenatals at night.  For me it was more of a routine thing.  When I brush my teeth for bed, I take my vitamins.  I too was told about the nausea that is sometimes associated with them with dd#1, and followed suit with each consecutive pregnancy.  Not that I was able to prove or disprove it, lol.  Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and look forward to getting to know you better while I'm your EC Guide.  :smileyhappy: 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:33am
Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to the April 2013 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey. Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 11:41am

Congrats!  I am due on 4/2, dd was two weeks early so we'll see if this one makes an early appearance also :-)  I usually take my prenatal with dinner because they usually make me nauseas whether I'm pregnant or not, taking it with a full meal helps me a lot.  Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :-)