Lilian Elizabeth is here :)

iVillage Member
Lilian Elizabeth is here :)
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 2:08pm

sorry it took so long to update, life with a toddler and a newborn has been crazy! i was set to be induced friday the 5th early in the morning, but got a call an hour before i was supposed to be there saying there were no open beds so we drove into town, had breakfast and hung out at my grandmas house which is down the street from the hospital. we waited quite a few hours, quite impatiently,  and finally got the go ahead around noon to head over and get started. they checked me when i got in and i had gone from no progress at all the week before to 3 & 50% so they started me on pitocin around 2:30. pitocin wasnt working like it used to for me and lily was not moving down enough for them to break my water. by 10 or 11 i had gotten to almost 5 but she still was not moving down so they stopped the pitocin for the night, i got to eat and sleep and we started fresh in the morning. saturday was a pretty slow day, not a whole lot of progress. by early that evening, like 6ish, i had progressed enough for the dr to break my water. once that happened things moved fairly quickly. i asked for an epidural but by the time the anesthesiologist got there and got it in it was too late. as soon as it was in my back i was ready to push so i ended up having her med free. Lily was born at 7:28 pm on April 6. she was 7lb 9oz and 20 in (my biggest baby yet). she has a head full of hair and is absolutely perfect. she latched on immediately after birth & has been my little piglet ever since. the child eats non stop! big brother has had quite the time adjusting so we have been crazy busy managing the 2 of them but things are getting easier.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-19-2013 - 10:05pm

She's beautiful!!!  I remember having no trouble adjusting to being a first time mom--but having a 2yr old and then a premie baby was quite a challenge!!!!!!  Many of the early days when I was home alone with both boys all 3 of us would  be crying!  But it was a very short phase thankfully.

Alice

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 12:36pm

Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!  She is just beautiful.  Welcome to the world, Lilian. 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-22-2013 - 1:42pm

ive been lucky to have my husband home with us the past few weeks, so its been a challenge but not nearly as challenging as its gonna be next week! you are right though, luckily it doesnt last forever!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 2:41am

She si so beautiful! My husband has been here the past few weeks, as well as a lot of family. My Sis-in-law todl me I would get to a point where I was ready for everyone to go home and let me enjoy my baby on my own. Three weeks ago, I couldn't have imagines it. But nwo I'm ready for the endless stream of company to leave, even though they are wo helpful and great to visit with!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 2:52pm

oh i know that feeling! i love having my husband helping out but im so ready to get into a regular routine. plus i think were geting to the too much time together point lol