I'm bleeding UPDATE

iVillage Member
I'm bleeding UPDATE
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 10:08pm

A lot. It's dark brown, which I know means old blood, and I haven't had any cramping or pain, but it's a lot of blood. I know a little spotting can be normal, but this isn't spotting. 

DH isn't home, and I'm not sure I want to call and worry him or not. If it is a m/c, there's nothing he can do. He would leave work,which is a big deal even if there is an emergency, and drive the 45 minutes probably way too fast to sit next to me and cry. I think I'm going to drink some tea and try to go to bed and relax. We will see what tomorrow brings.

If anyone could spare some prayers & positive thoughts I'd appreciate it. Has anyone experienced or heard of someone experiencing quite a bit of bleeding and the baby still being okay? I'm 6 weeks 1 day today.

UPDATE:

Sorry it took me so long to come update. I've been trying to get my head wrapped around some things. The wonderful news is that the baby is fine. We got to see a u/s and a heartbeat.  However, I personally got some medical news that is not so wonderful. It won't be fatal to the baby but would obvious have an affect on the pregnancy. DH and I have decided to continue with the pregnancy and trust that there is a plan.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 10:26pm
I have had two losses and am currently 8 weeks pregnant. At 7 weeks I started bleeding bright red blood around dinner time. I called my doctor and they said take it easy for the night and call in the morning. I didn't have anymore bleeding after that, and it was at least enough to fill a pad. I went for an ultrasound the next day fully expecting bad news but right away we saw the heartbeat. What happened was the placenta is attaching to the uterus and it caused some bleeding. So hopefully that is all that is happening to you. Good luck, sending prayers your way. p.s. my hubby wasn't home either and I didn't call him because of the same reasons. He is a firefighter so I told him the next morning when he got off shift. Becky
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 7:36am

Sending prayers that your little bean is just burrowing in for the long haul.  Hugs!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 9:06am
My sister-in-law had a LOT of bleeding when she was just a few weeks pregnant with her now 2 month old son. I don't think they ever found out what the bleeding was from, but she thought sure she was losing the baby. He is perfect in every way! prayers your way!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:14pm

I don't have any experience with this, or advice to offer, but will send many PP&T your way.  Hang in there and rest....hopefully it is nothing more than the previous posters have said! KUP.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:03am

I don't know about brown, the nurse told me not to worry too much unless it is bright red and you are soaking about a pad an hour.  I know sex can bring on some brown discharge/bleeding but do not know how much is normal for that :-(  Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 9:25am

Sarah - I'm glad to hear the baby is OK.  Sorry to hear about the bad medical news for yourself.  I will certainly be praying that everything turns out for the best and that there is a good plan in this!

Community Leader
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 10:11am

Thrilled to hear baby is ok and hugs to you.. hang in there and try to just take it one precious day at a time.

We found out at 20 weeks that there was a problem and that I would most likely lose the pregnancy because of my thinned out cervix and contractions.  I was floored.. and I hung on to the small thread of hope that it would be ok.  I went home and put myself on strict bedrest  I literally only got up to go to the bathroom and to shower every couple of days.  4 months of laying there drove me bonkers and days were hard emotionally... but I did it and thankfully the babies stayed put.  I wish you all the best of luck that all works out beautifully! :smileyhappy:

Wendy

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 12:58pm

Sending hugs and prayers!  I pray that you find clarity and understanding as everyday brings you closer to holding your blessing.

Photobucket