Anyone Else Drink Alcohol Before BFP?

iVillage Member
Anyone Else Drink Alcohol Before BFP?
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:07pm

Since this pregnancy was more surprise than planned, I was drinking quite a bit of wine the couple of weeks before my  BFP.  With my DS we were actively trying and I never drank after O.  I'm nervous!  Of course I stopped drinking as soon as I found out (4 days after missed period).  Anyone else had a similar situation???

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 9:29am

Popping in from the May board. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I didn't know till I was almost 6 weeks along, so about 2 weeks past my period due date (wasn't trying, and had irregular cycles). I drank during that time, once I actually was pretty drunk. I was really freaking out,but the Nurse said it was ok, and she turned out just fine.

Don't worry too much, but mention it to your nurse/doctor if you are feeling stressed.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 10:13am
Glad I'm not the only one. I had taken a test before the weekend and got a bfn so over the weekend had some margaritas with friends and by Monday was feeling like I should retest and got my bfp. Made me nervous too but there's nothing that can be done to change what happened so I just try not to let it stress me out
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 6:39pm
I drank a glass to 1.5 glasses of wine a night the weekend AF was due (my cycles are long and I never get pg on my own, barring 2 times in 6 yrs of ttc) and Sunday night, back from our vacation, I tested and got a dark BFP. I also had 1-2 cups of caffeine a day that w/e and even tried raw milk for the first time! Mind you, I normally drink 0-2 glasses a MONTH and drink a cup of caffeine a week (and have never tried anything unpasteurized in my life) so the whole thing was so ironic that I went 'wild' while unknowingly newly pg.
I'm totally not worried, though and I'm back on my normal 'diet' of decaf , no alcohol and eating well.
I was so shocked though-the miracle bfp the weekend I was 'letting loose', of all things...
TTC 2 Journey 10 mos ttc naturally with Met (all bfn) June 2010 back on clomid 100mg x 7 days-BFP! M/C August 4 more rounds of clomid (3 w/ IUI) all BFN March clomid plus injectables -BFN April = natural cycle May back to clomid plus injectables