Anyone used any specialty pregnancy pillows?

iVillage Member
Anyone used any specialty pregnancy pillows?
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 3:39pm

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased any of thses and what actually worked. I think I'm goign to take my 20% off coupon to Babies R Us today and check out a pregnancy wedge they sell. It had good reviews and is not expensive. Hopefully, it will help me sleep and sit on the couch more comfortably.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 12:16pm

Yep, the pain is only at night. I think the pillows I have been using just don't provide enough support. I am going to check out the wedge! Thanks!

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 6:17pm

April, is it pain only at night? Then the pillow will probably be what you need? Is it pain throughout the day? If you don't already have a pregnancy support that supports both the hips and lower back, I cannot recommend it highly enough. The support has been a life saver for me. Also, not trying to stand or sit in one position for too long has also been helpful.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 4:13pm

Thanks for the follow up on this. I am going to go look for it. I have been having horrible hip pain. I keep a pillow on each side of me and roll over as needed throughout the night as the pain starts up.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2012 - 6:55pm

After almost a week of using the wedge pillow, I would call it a good buy. I am prefering straight-backed chairs for sitting, but it is wonderful to support the hip on which I am laying in bed. It's small enough to move from side to side as needed when i turn over. I think the pregnancy support is even more helpful than the pillow, though.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 12:34pm

I read mixed reviews on the boppy pillow and just about every other specialized pillow out there. This wedge had only very psoitive reviews, so I thought it might be worth a try.

One night update on the wedge pillow: I could sleep on it without as much hip pain! I was able to sleep last night, waking up only two or three times, instead of being awake most of the night and sleeping only 30mins-2 hours at a time.It is small enough to easily shift from side to side when I wanted to change positions. As far as sitting on the couch or in a chair, it didn't seem to be all that helpful. I will update you as time goes by, on whether I think this is really a good buy.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 11:03am

i have heard of those. glad it's working out for you! :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 10:20pm

Got it. I will let you know.

A dear friend of mine who is now in her late 70s also suggested today that I get whatever they call pregancy girdles these days. She said she started wearing one early on (couldn't remember when, but knew it was earlier than most women she knew) with both her girls. I thought about it. She and I are about the same height and build, and both her daughters are around 5'10." Talk about some great advice: After a few hours wearing this thing, I can definitely tell a HUGE difference. Hopefully, I will feel MUCH better by morning!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 7:02pm

i suggest skipping the pillow alltogether i spent a lot of money on a boppy pregnancy pillow with my last and it sucked. the stuffing ended up bunching u in odd places very quickly and ended up making me more uncomfortable than i was without. if you get the wedge, let us know how you like it. i am interested to find out if it is worth it