home birth anyone?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
home birth anyone?
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 9:48am

Well, given the high c/s rates in Jordanian hospitals, DH and I are really thinking about homebirthing.  Has anyone had one in the past or planning one for this pregnancy?  I've found this awesome CNM from Australia that has been delivering western moms for years and spoke to her briefly today but didn't get a chance to ask her about things I may need for the homebirth.  I have to order internationally if I need to buy a homebirth kit or the like so planning is key.  BTDT homebirthing moms what did you need?  Does everyone need a kit or is that just extra stuff that one can technically prepare at home?  Any tips etc that you think would be helpful?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 4:42am
That is awesome grats on 4 home births!
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 4:40am
I really want a water birth or a birth while being able to change positions i.e; squatting. I was stuck with pitocin in an IV with my daughter. Other than that I had no other medications and didn't require anything for pain. I went natural. But I disliked the medical intervention of pitocin because I didn't progress how fast they wanted me to even though she had mild heart decels because she was nearing 2 weeks over due. I hope for an even more natural approach this time. I don't want medications or IVs and I want to be in a tub or squatting/changing positions not tied to a hospital bed. I wish you luck in finding someone who will provide a home birth! If I lived in my own home not a townhome (2 story attached rental home) thing I'd try a birth at home. I'd just be worried about soiling the carpet or management complaining. =(