Hospital bag

iVillage Member
Hospital bag
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 7:00am

Is yours packed?? What do you take with you??  How long do you expect to stay in the hospital?

Alice

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 10:57am

mine is getting there. baby's clothes and such are all packed but i have nothing planned for hubby and i. i'm planning on packing a few pairs of sweats & nursing tanks for myself because i hate wearing the hospital gowns & some clothes changes and snacks for hubby. also packing my own toiletries because i hate hate hate hospital soaps...gotta use my own stuff! i think ill be taking the boppy along as well just to keep it comfortable while nursing/trying to get the hang of it. i plan on being there anywhere from 1-3 nights depending on how long labor lasts and whether or not i'm induced. the hospital we deliver at typically lets you go one night after baby is born as long as there are no complications

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 3:11pm
I haven't even started packing!! First of all, I don't have enough clothes to keep any packed!! Second, I don't know what our plan is. I was suppose to have my sister stay at my house and keep my ds while I was in the hospital, but she is in poor health and likely won't be able to come. She just found out she may have a rare form of cancer and we are waiting for the biopsy results. UGH!! everything is not suppose to be this much "up in the air" at this point!! It looks like DH might be there for just the birth and then have to go stay with our son while I stay at the hospital with the baby. So I guess I need to pack my bag, a bag for DH and a bag for DS, because DS will be staying with a friend while I deliver. He is only 2 and this breaks my heart....I will be thinking about this all I guess, because we need to get it sorted out. As for what I will take, clothes for me and baby to come home in, some PJs, toiletries, and my boppy are about it. I will have to stay at least 2 nights. They will not release the baby from the hospital until she is 48 hours old. If I have a c-section then they will keep us for 3 nights. I'm really not looking forward to being away from my son this long :( Jennifer

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-05-2013 - 2:20am

I haven't started packing yet, either. I am hearing that nursing tanks are easiest for the hospital, so I'm thinking about going to Target and picking up a few. Maybe my favorite soft, fluffy robe? I haven't even thought about the baby's going home outfit--I need to do that. Baby shower is in a couple of weeks, so I'm thinking I will pack after that.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-05-2013 - 9:37am

I haven't packed yet but do have the babies coming home outfit ready and for me will just pack pj pants and tops--maybe will go get some nursing tanks as you all suggest--with my boys I had actually 2 piece nursing pjs but all the ones I see now are just nursing gowns and I like pants!  I also pack my own tolietries and a hair dryer since I don't like air drying my hair.  I have had c-sections so just wore home what I wore to the hospital.  Dh doesn't stay at hospital and it's less than 10 min from home so I don't need to pack for him.  Will probably also take laptop and phone/phone charger.

Alice

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 4:51pm
My mom will take care of the 2 boys and I am not packing anything for husband but he will probably bring all the electronics with him. Just taking along my toothbrush, toothpaste, face cleaner, face lotion and lipstick. PJs for me and sweats, sweats and sweats. I have pj for baby and 1 nice out fit. Going light