How Well Are You Sleeping?

iVillage Member
How Well Are You Sleeping?
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 10:40am

How well are you sleeping these days?  Are you having a hard time finding a comfortable position? Do you find that you wake often to use the bathroom or for other reasons?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-24-2013 - 4:55pm
Sleep? I am lucky to get 2 to 3 hours a night. Between changing positions and getting up to pee and trying to go back to sleep and then the mind starts going. I find myself in the last 2 weeks to fall asleep in the recliner in the family room in the afternoons and getting some rest that way. We all have to remind ourselves that we are almost finish with the pregnancy and then all the fun starts.
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-10-2013 - 2:49pm
My ob keeps telling me that you carry lower every pregnancy and that's why I have to pee all the time

Alice

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-10-2013 - 12:17pm
waking up a lot to switch positions because my hip starts to hurt & of course some of those wake ups are for the bathroom. i'm pretty sure baby girl has dropped down a lot lower. there is so much more pressure and im having to pee more which means more wake-ups. this did not happen this early with my boys and neither of them came before their due date so i think this little girl may be my early bird...not too early though :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-10-2013 - 12:50am

Between reflux, congestion, and getting up to use the restroom, sleep is hard to come by these days. I was sleepign 12 hours at a time for a while, but now I'm sleeping maybe 4 hours a night. Just getting ready these last 2 months, I guess! :-)

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2013 - 5:38pm

I wake up once a night to go to the bathroom and probably 6-8 times to reposition--we have a water bed which is more comfortable than a standard bed and I sleep with a body pillow on my side but am awakened when my arm hurts or goes to sleep and it's quite a process to turn over with the body pillow, thankfully I typically fall right back asleep.

Alice