Maternity clothes

iVillage Member
Maternity clothes
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 9:05am

Where are you getting yours? And what are you paying for them??

It appears that even though I live in NJ there aren't that many places to buy in the store and that I will be doing most of my shopping online.

Alice

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 10:29am

mine are a mix of motherhood  and target. motherhood is kinda exensive but their jeans are most comfortable to me and if i get anything else there it's in the clearance section or on sale

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 11:56am

I got mine at Old Navy.  I love their regular clothes, so I just ordered maternity from them too.  The jeans are really comfy.  I actually broke down and started wearing them yesterday because it was that or buy the next size up in regular jeans, and that didn't make sense!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 12:41pm

I am pretty solidly in my materinity clothes now. But this is my third, so that is probably why. I need the maternity pants for my bump, but few of my tops cover the maternity pants.

Anyways, mine are a mix from Motherhood, Target, Gap and Old Navy. The Gap ones are my favorite, but because of the price I limit it to the nice clothes that I use when I have meetings and client visits. Target and Old Navy really for the weekend stuff (yoga pants, easy tops, etc.). And I have (and my best friend has given me) a fair bit of Motherhood from previous pregnancies. The Motherhood stuff is my least favorite as it sometimes seems frumpy to me (likely because it is older styles given I wore it 6 years ago), but it works on the days I work and get to sit in my office all day.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 1:43pm

I was fortunate to get some clothes (mostly pants) from another mom via Craigslist. There was one classic styled dress/jumper in there, too.  I have several t-shirts and camis that are really long, and they seem to still be OK with the maternity pants at this point. I have been wearing mostly dresses, anyway, though, because they are more comfortable. The hand-me-downs are from Motherhood and Old Navy, and the few things I've purchased were from Old Navy online. I don't know about anyone else's Old Navy, but our local stores don't have maternity sections. The Target maternity is small and pretty much useless (to me, anyway). I found a really cute boutique called A Pea in the Pod, but I certainly don't even spend what they want for their clothes on non-maternity clothes. So I've looked, but haven't bought anything there.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 1:53pm

I was fortunate to get some clothes (mostly pants) from another mom via Craigslist. There was one classic styled dress/jumper in there, too.  I have several t-shirts and camis that are really long, and they seem to still be OK with the maternity pants at this point. I have been wearing mostly dresses, anyway, though, because they are more comfortable. The hand-me-downs are from Motherhood and Old Navy, and the few things I've purchased were from Old Navy online. I don't know about anyone else's Old Navy, but our local stores don't have maternity sections. The Target maternity is small and pretty much useless (to me, anyway). I found a really cute boutique called A Pea in the Pod, but I certainly don't even spend what they want for their clothes on non-maternity clothes. So I've looked, but haven't bought anything there.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 5:42pm
This is my 3rd and after loosing 140 lbs I have a lot of extra room for a baby bump and have been in maternity pants since week 9! and now between the increase in my breasts and belly am mostly in maternity tops too. My target has a small section of maternity. One of the old navy's by me has a tiny section--but I have ordered online twice-one order is in and one I just placed yesterday with the stuff and save 30% off. I also ordered from target yesterday they have quite a few sweaters online that aren't in the store and are on sale. Last week I placed an order online from walmart but only 1 thing I got from them fit and is something I would wear. We have a motherhood maternity outlet not far from me but even the outlet prices were ridiculous!!! Most of what I am wearing came from a local thrift store for $3-4 an item and it is largely motherhood maternity with some liz lange and old navy. Although the 2 pants I wear most often are a pair of elastic waist jeans that are gap maternity and a pair of courdory pants that are juicy couture--I don't even know where I would find juicy couture maternity clothes! And yesterday I got a pair of Loft maternity dress pants-I don't know where I would buy that either.

Alice

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 3:41pm

A friend invited me to a clothing swap last night. Some women who wore larger sizes than I were there, and I was able to come home with several larger sized tops that I think will work for quite some time--if not for hte whole pregnancy. I'm thinking...short sleeves with cardigans and jackets are going to be my thing.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 3:18pm

Thrift stores near me seem to have a good selection of stuff, usually at around $3 to $4 per item.  And eBay has lots of good maternity clothes up -- I bought two different lots of clothes from eBay in the last couple weeks, they averaged out to be about $6-7 per item. Good luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 11:45am

I do not buy maternity clothes anymore especially with this one.  I have friends, sisters and cousins who pass around the clothes.  The first pregnancy I did splurge and bought from Motherhood 3 outfits but that was it.  I am lucky in this respect not to have to buy any.