Maternity Pants

iVillage Member
Maternity Pants
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 9:20pm

Anyone else have this issue? I have some pairs of maternity pants that just won't stay up. These particular pairs all have belt loops, but my belts certainly aren't comfortable! I figured it was because I was in between sizes with them, but then one of my clients mentioned she had that problem throughout all three of her pregnancies. I have some others that will probably be fine during the third trimester, but don't fit my belly yet. Advice, anyone?

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 1:40am

This is my number 1 complaint with maternity pants.  All of mine are annoying.  I've got ones with the full tummy coverage and ones that hit below the belly.  The ones that hit below the belly always start hurting me at the end of the day (though they do stay up for the most part) and the ones with the stretchy fabric over the entire belly don't stay up past afternoon.  It's not an option to not have maternity pants and because I haven't found as solution, I just chalk it all up and say it's another discomfort to pregnancy.  I'd be interested to see if others have found a solution. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 4:46pm

I cannot stand maternity pants. I have your problem, I can't get them to stay up unless they are huge panel over the belly things. And even then, I struggle with them.

I had one pair of jeans that I was loving before we went on vacation and then I got back and they will not stay up. Seems to change from week to week what is working.

Advice? Skirts. I have three long straight stretchy microfiber skirts (one brown and two black) that I lived in for the later half of my pregnancy with my daughter and that I am loving right now. They look professional and I can pair them with just about whatever.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 6:12pm
I have done well with pants I found at the thrift store-I have two pair of cordoury one is juicie coutoure and another old navy they have the 2 inch stretchy band and stay up pretty well. I do have a pair of jeans with the same top that do fall down intermittently. And I have a pair of gap jeans that have a zipper/button and elastic with buttons to change the size and they are great! I also got a pair of dress pants that have the same system and are comfortable too.
Alice
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 11:24am

I never buy the same size maternity pants I usually go up at least 1 size.  But I like to wear skirts and maternity tops instead.  I also have 3 dresses from the summer that are made where the top is more narrow and starting below the breast it actually fans out so there is no waist line and they are quite comfortable. The sun dresses also have either short sleeves or thin straps so I usually wear my husband's sweater in the house so while I am in the house I am very comfortable however going shopping or going to my job I have to put up with the maternity pants.  They seem to stay up better when I buy the size larger than what I usually wear.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 11:24am
OK I take back what I said for the last 10 days or so ALL my maternity pants are driving me crazy! Some of my favorite low rise ones that are only 1/2 elastic don't fit or don't stay up and the high ones well they just drive me crazy period!!!!!! I am most comfy in my fleece pants or pj's but can't wear those to work!
Alice