Oh the itching....

iVillage Member
Oh the itching....
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 10:07am

My ENTIRE body seriously itches :smileysad:  I try to put lotion on whenever it happens, but that seems to bring only temporary relief....and I'm finding it hard to apply while at work.  I remember a short period of time when this happened in my last pregnancy, but it was only my legs and I think it lasted like 10 days (but it didn't happen until much later in the pregnancy)......this is much worse, though it's only been 3 days.  I'm going crazy.....I hope it doesn't last long because I might scratch myself to death......

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 2:56pm
Hi there. Try peppermint soap and try not to scratch. The soap I have been using dries out m skin (in a good way). It is peppermint and tea tree oil and I buy it at my local farmers market. Please try not to scratch, I know it is easier said than done. You can also ask your ob to do a test for cholestasis a check to see if your liver is ok, but I think that is only if your hands and feet are itchy.
I had pupps when I was pregnant with my first daughter ( a really bad case) and 34 weeks and now again at 35 weeks Thankfully now I ony have bumps and itching on my stomach from stretch marks and I pray it doesnt spread like it did with my last pregnancy. If you ever have any questions come visit me at the October expecting messageboard. Hope you get some relief!
Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 3:25pm
I have heard great things about this creme! I am going to order it along with a few other things today.
http://www.thespoiledmama.com/Extreme-Mama-Creme_p_11.html
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers