Prolapse?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Prolapse?
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 1:47pm

I called my ob today as I am concerned I am getting a uterine prolapse. Ugh. By the end of the day, I feel as though there is something in my vagina. Sure enough my cervix feels low. But when I wake up in the morning everything seems fine.

I see my ob on Wednesday for my regular appointment and so since it isn't protruding, and no bleeding presently (I had bleeding earlier), we will wait till then. In the meantime no lifting, no straining, feet up at whatever opportunity I have.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 2:20pm

No advice or experience here, but just wanted to wish you luck.  I hope you get some answers and the problem corrects itself soon!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 7:29am
Can you do pelvic floor exercises? There are techniques (not kegels) to help fix the issue and support bands like V2 supporters/pregnancy belts. It isn't unusual but it'd be disheartening to have a prolapse through pregnancy. Usually delivery in a laid back position (normal hospital delivery position) causes prolapse whereby cultures that practice other techniques of delivery like squatting have a much lower incident of prolapse. I have never had a prolapse but I can imagine it wouldn't feel good. Physicians who specialize in its treatment are called a urogynocologist. Often physical therapy helps correct the prolapse. This DVD has knowledge/exercises on the issue. It was made by a lady who is a physical therapist who went through pregnancy with a prolapse: http://www.amazon.com/Hab-It-Pelvic-Tasha-Mulligan/dp/0510539610