Sad about expecting. :(

iVillage Member
Sad about expecting. :(
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 12:33am

Hi Ladies..I have only posted a few times but I am having a really hard time with this pregnancy.

I will love having a new baby, but pregnancy is very difficult and I have morning sickness and I'm all hormonal- ooh, just not going well right now.

I have 3 kids (ages 7, 3, and 1) and this was unplanned, but very wanted. I think I would feel better about having another if I had more support from family. My husbands family doesn't believe people should have more than 2 kids and many of our friends don't even have children yet, or want them. The people we have told have made stupid jokes about "you know what causes that" or " when WILL you be done" or reminders that we should be repsonsible with our fertility. 

It just makes me sad...why can't they be happy for us? We want all our children and we feel blesed to be given such precious little lives. I already don't enjoy being pregnant, so it just makes it all the harder rying to defend myself to people who should love us. 

How do you deal with people that say rude things about your pregnancies (or how would you hande it if it did happen)?