Sequential Screening

iVillage Member
Sequential Screening
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 10:04am

Anyone else doing the sequential screening?

We did it with DD and we'll do it again with this PG.  I figure it's covered by insurance (for me), an extra opportunity to see the baby and allows us to be prepared in case there might be any issues.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 11:05am

we are doing it this time. with my last 2 kids i was given the blood test part but not the ultrasound so with my last son it said he would have no problems, but ended up having trisomy 18 anyway i was a little angry and thought the test was total bs until i was told its not nearly as accurate without the ultrasound too. so this time im making sure they do both and hopefully ill get some results that will ease my mind a little until we get to the anatomy scan

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 3:02pm

Im going to do it just so i get the extra u/s.. i know its a waste of insurance but figure people abuse insurance all the time.   We had our eggs genetically tested so before transfer so we should be good not to have any genetic problems.  though i don't completely trust any testing.. 

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris