Stressed While Pregnant?

iVillage Member
Stressed While Pregnant?
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 9:17am

When you're expecting, it's easy to stress about pretty much everything, from the little things ("Will I ever stop feeling like I'm about to barf?") to the big ("Will my baby be healthy?"). What's not so easy? Tuning out all those worst-case-what-if scenarios, relaxing and enjoying the nine months before your new addition arrives. While Dr. Allison Hill, an obgyn and co-author of The Mommy Docs' Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy and Birth says there's no strong evidence that your stress can negatively affect your baby-to-be (one less thing to stress out about!), it's certainly good for your health to keep your stress levels in check. So try one -- or all! -- of these ways to be a calm preggo.

Stressed While Pregnant? Here's How to Be a Calm Preggo- http://www.ivillage.com/stressed-while-pregnant-heres-how-stay-calm/6-b-499846

How's your stress level during this pregnancy?  Do you find yourself constantly worrying about one thing or another? What are you doing to stay as calm as possible?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 8:34am

I don't find myself worrying during the day but when I wake up during the night stuff pops in my head--but I've been so tired I am not usually up long thinking about it.

Alice

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-03-2013 - 2:29pm
I feel like I'm stressed most of the time in this 2nd pregnancy especially because of my very active toddler. One minute she's is happy playing with me and is very sweet to my baby bump but the next minute she keeps on hitting my belly just FOR FUN even if she understands that the baby might get hurt. Stressed yet still having fun! :)