stuffy noses...yuck

iVillage Member
stuffy noses...yuck
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 11:41pm

How are you gals dealing with them.  Not sure if it's the dry air but this snout of mine is much more stuffy than usual during my pregnancies prior.  Eww!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 11:36am

When I was pregnant with my first son I did have this going on and I happened to be watching the OPRAH Show and they talked about the Netty Pot.  I thought oh this looks awful.  However, let me tell you its great!  I went to the bathroom and you have to put distilled water in the pot (looks like a tea pot) and close one side of your nostril and pour the water into the other nostril and boy everything goes into the sink!  Did it to the other side and I felt great afterwards.  I also use steam water I close the bathroom door and let the steam come up to my face and breath in.   But trust me use the netty pot there is no chemicals or drugs and make sure you use distilled water not tap water.   

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 4:48pm

Yep. Another unfortunate side effect. I feel like I am stuffy all the time and consequentially, snoring at night now too. I feel bad for my husband!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 1:33pm

I found in my previous pregnancy that I had to blow my nose 5-10 times a day from week 12 to week 30 :(  I'm hoping to not have that same experience this time....so far it hasn't been too bad, but I do believe I caught DD's cold and have been feeling generally blah for the past 3 days (stuffy nose/dry throat included).  I really try NOT to take meds while pregnant, but eventually I'll have to break down because being sick isn't good for anyone......good luck finding a cure! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 1:24am

Yuck! I have constant allergies and am continuing on Zyrtec per doctor's orders. It is my understanding that antihistamines (like Chlor-Trimeton, Benadryl, etc.) are OK; Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) is not OK until the third trimester. A hot shower, chicken soup, and orange juice can work wonders. If you can be assured of water quality in your area, then a properly prepared neti pot 2-3 times a day is also excellent.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 12:15am

Yuck. I hate stuffy noses. Mine was stuffy last week. I use dayquil. Feel better hun.

Chrissy