TMI...discharge or leaking amniotic fluid??

iVillage Member
TMI...discharge or leaking amniotic fluid??
Sat, 02-09-2013 - 4:31pm

Ok, I know this is a little, or a lot, TMI but here goes...

I have been having a heavy discharge since 27 weeks, I'm 30 weeks tomorrow.  I usually wear a panty liner and change it a couple of times a day just to feel clean.  Normally, regular discharge that a woman experience sits on top of the liner or under wear and doesn't really soak in and that is what it has been doing.  But this morning I was sitting on the couch watching TV for about an hour and when I went to the bathroom my underwear were wet.  Like a strip about a 1/2 inch wide and 6 inches long of wetness.  It just looked like water, not discharge.  Then when I was doing some work standing up, it happened again, a spot in my underwear bigger than a silver dollar that was just wet.  After that I put on a pad and it is really hard to tell what is going on once you put a pad on.  I mentioned this to my ob at my 28 week check up, just that I was having a heavy discharge, the water stuff had not happened yet.  She said that was normal.  But is the just water discharge normal?  I have an appointment on Tuesday and thought I would bring it up again and see if maybe there was a test she could do to see if I'm leaking fluid.  Should I wait that long?  No big gush or anything, I know what water breaking feels like, it happened with my son.  But could I just have a small leak?

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 5:18am

That is good news! Take care of yourself these last couple of months!!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 4:34am

Pheww!  Thank goodness.  Good to hear all is well.  Hopefully these last weeks will pass for you with no more scares.  

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 7:36pm
Thanks ladies. I waited and spoke with my midwife yesterday. She said that it would have been worth a trip to L&D and that if this happens again, go. But she did check and there were no signs of amniotic fluid.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-10-2013 - 9:43pm

Hi, I am from the May EC board but thought I would post. It sounds alot like the baby's position might be stopping you from emptying your bladder all the way and I agree with pp on the stress inconstinence. Though it is really easy enough for them to test..They do a strip test with a little of the discharge on it and that should tell them. I would definitely bring it up at your next ob appt if you don't go in before then. Hoping it's nothing big and that this helped..

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2013 - 8:18pm

Sounds weird to me--but I don't know how you would have a tiny leak---it would seem since amniotic fluid is watery that it would be more than that.  I have a discharge too but it's not watery--any odor to the liquid?? I'm thinking more like stress incontinence?

Alice