worried about miscarriage

iVillage Member
worried about miscarriage
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 10:13am
On friday I had really bad cramps. No worse than period cramps. They were right in the center of my pelvis, very low. At the same time I felt really really sick. No bleeding at all. I'm scared because I've read stories about women who didn't know they miscarried until they went for an ultrasound and there was no heart beat. I'm about 7 weeks. This is my 2nd pregnancy. Did anyone here or anyone you know every miscarry but had no idea until they went to the doctor?
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 7:39pm

I understand that feeling.. 

If you're concerned, you can call your Dr's office and go in earlier.  They did my U/S at 7 weeks and found 3 heartbeats :smileyhappy:  So it's not too early to check and they would understand your concern.  Stress is not good for lil one.

I had 3 m/c before I had my oldest dd.  One was at 11 weeks and I found out at my U/S apt.  At my 8 week there was a heartbeat.. At my 11th week there wasn't and I had no clue.. no signs or symptoms.  My other two were early on at 8 weeks.  There was no heartbeat. I think I had cramps and bleeding for one of them beforehand.

Cramping does happen in pregnancy and at this stage in your pregnancy, so it is normal If it's accompanied with pain and bleeding then it's a concern.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 2:26pm
Well I must be pregnant still because the morning sickness nearly killed me this morning when I tried to drink my coffee. Lol. I worry to much and I'm feeling very anxious this pregnancy