16 week prenatal

iVillage Member
16 week prenatal
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 2:43pm

I had my 16 week appt this morning. It seems as though it took forever to find the heartbeat - I was getting nervous and my doctor said he could feel my pulse change. He admitted after the fact that he was getting nervous too. Still a fast heart rate - about 160's I believe. As far as my weight, I lost a pound since last appt, which isn't terribly surprising. Just this past week food has actually started sounding good, still throwing up, but on a much less frequent basis then before. My husband is still convinced it is a girl (especially given the high heartrates - my other two kids' heartrates followed the old wives tale). I am tossed up - I thought early on it was a boy. Now I am thinking maybe a girl.

I got my blood drawn for the quad screen and scheduled the big ultrasound for 2 weeks from Friday. My ob said that if the quad comes back good and all looks good on the ultrasound he is going to move me out of the high risk category.

All in all, a good, pretty boring (once he found the heartbeat) exam.

I am headed to Orlando with my family on Friday and we will be gone for about a week and a half. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation with the kids (ha ha, I know right, I am going to Disney... rest is for the birds). See everyone when we get back in November!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 10:59am

Congrats on a good appointment.....and I also HATE when it take a while to find the HB, but they found it....that's what matters :)

Have fun in Orlando, but I hope you don't have travel issues with the impending storm that's hitting Florida this weekend (today really).  I was just there last weekend....though we didn't go to disney, just hung out at the condo.....it was great.  Nice weather and perfect time to be there.  I have a friend that lives an hour south of Orlando so we hung out with her family at Downtown Disney one night, but didn't go to any of the parks.....she was concerned about the storm and the schools in her area were closed today......good luck!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 8:15am
I hate when it takes a long time to find the HB. I just had my prenatal appt, 14 weeks. My midwife had a student and it took FOREVER for her to find the HB. I knew she was looking too low, but didn't feel right telling her. She did finally find it though!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-25-2012 - 12:32am

So glad the hb was found, and nice to read that things are going so well for you! Enjoy your trip and the family vacation time!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 4:18pm

Phewww AJCarman72!  I hate it when it's hard to find the hb.  Sooo scary but thank goodness it was found.  Happy to hear that you have a chance of being moved out of high risk too.  Enjoy your Disney trip and don't wear yourself out too much.