2nd appt, ultrasound and a new EDD

iVillage Member
2nd appt, ultrasound and a new EDD
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 11:59am

I had my second appointment today.  They did an ultrasound since we didn't see anything on the 1st one they did because it was too early.  By LMP I should be 7 weeks, but I ovulated on day 17 or 18 of my cycle.  baby only measured 6w1d.  She said there is an error of up to 5 days this early and that combined with my late ovulation explained it and not to worry.  I did get to see the hearbeat  :smileyhappy:  She changed my EDD from April 15 to April 21 based on the ultrasound.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 3:01pm

YAY for seeing/hearing the heartbeat!  And as for moving back the due date....that's what these dating U/S's are for to better predict when our LO will arrive!  Better to know it might be later than originally expected rather than be a week late and freaking out!

I'm curious what mine will say (if I ever have one) because I ovulated on CD16, but didn't implant until 11DPO (if my implantation dip is correct).  So does it go by conception or implantation?!?! Guess we'll see.

Glad everything is looking good so far!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 2:10pm

Yay for the heartbeat!  Unfortunately, you really can't accurately go by LMP.  I tend to ovulate early putting me ahead of where LMP date would be.  Dr. thought I was nuts, lol.  Glad all went well.  Wishing you a continued healthy pregnancy!

Photobucket